Complaint Review: Sears.com

• Updated: Fri, June 13, 2014

• Reported By: Carrie — Matinette Wisconsin
Sears.com
Internet USA

Sears.com Stole my money, and keeps lying saying they will give refund but dont Internet

*Author of original report: Finally Resolved

On 5/15/2014 I oredered a computer processor from sears.com, the total came to $175.12 after tax. My credit card was billed within 5 minutes of placing the order. On 5/20/2014 a package arrived from Sears, and inside was a $15.00 Micro sd card reader. It took 2 calls to customer service before they finally emailed me a shipping label to return the product they had sent me.

I was told by customer service that "Credit will be issued when our warehouse receives the merchandise". I got an email from UPS saying the product had been received by sears on 6/3/2014. 2 days went by and I hadn't heard anything.

So i contacted customer service again. Was told 3-5 days and i should have my refund and was sent an email saying "Please be advised that credit will be issued within 5 business days from the time the warehouse receives the shipment. The tracking information shows that the warehouse received your shipment on 06/03/2014. Please contact us again if you do not receive a credit after 06/10/2014."

On 6/11/2014 no refund had come so AGAIN I contacted customer service. They said yes we see that we did receive the item and you haven't been issued your refund yet. I will put this request in right now and you will receive a confirmation email. (an email i still havent gotten) And was told please wait 3-5 days, tho i have already waited 3-5 days, and LONGER.

Pretty much getting the run around. They stole $175.12 from me and right now the only thing i have to show for it is alot of anger and frustration. I kept all the emails, and screenshots of what they actually sent me. So i hold all the evidence showing that they stole my money and have been giving me the run around.  It only took them 5 minutes to take the money off my card, there is no reason it should be taking this long to refund it.

I have only ever had to return an item 2 times before in my life to other places online, because said item was dead on arrival or a mistake had been made. Both those times the companies had my refund on my card within 12 hours of receiving the returned item.  So I know they are just trying to steal my money and get away with it.

And its not smart, in a world of social media, for a business to steal from people. Just saying.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2014 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Searscom/internet/Searscom-Stole-my-money-and-keeps-lying-saying-they-will-give-refund-but-dont-Internet-1154652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears.com

Finally Resolved

AUTHOR: Carrie - ()

It took nearly a month of contacting Sears customer service every 3-5 days, but in the end I finally found one who was helpful and got my refund issued. So I finally got my refund. Tho I am happy about that, the hassle I went thru, make it a sure thing that I will NEVER shop at Sears.com again.