Complaint Review: Sears.com

• Submitted: Sat, April 03, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, May 13, 2010

• Reported By: Deena — Mustang Oklahoma U.S.A.
Sears.com

Sears.com/rebates Sears deceptive rebate practices! Sears does not intend to pay, Internet

*Author of original report: Sears Rebate Center finally agreed to pay

I bought a tv and warranty protection from Sears online on Dec 25th and was charged for both.  The receipt is okay once you log in to Sears.com but the one they emailed to me still charges me for both products but states "0" in quantity for the warranty but the amount is still there.  I had to buy both to qualify, I even had customer service resend the receipt and it still shows "0" in quantity.  I contacted Sears rebates who said I didn't meet the requirements even though it was Sears error.  I wrote them again and told them they need to pay me now as it has been nearly four months I called Sears warranty protection and they promised to send my warranty and they have not done that a month later.  I think it is deceptive business practices by both Sears and Sears rebate company.  I think the error was intentional.  Since I complained, the only thing I've gotten from Sears is a change on my credit terms!  So don't buy anything at Sears expecting a rebate because even if you meet the terms they don't want to pay.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2010 08:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Searscom/internet/Searscomrebates-Sears-deceptive-rebate-practices-Sears-does-not-intend-to-pay-Interne-589153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears.com

Sears Rebate Center finally agreed to pay

AUTHOR: Deena - (U.S.A.)

After spending much time on the phone with both Sears, Sears.com, Sears Rebate Center and Sears warranty service,  faxing a receipt twice, I finally received an email that they will pay the rebate 5 months later.  I had already given up on the rebate when the email came this evening that they are paying. I am tired of fighting to get rebates and will avoid all products with rebates in the future.  Thanks RipOff Report for this forum.