In June 2009, I signed up for what I thought was a great deal for coffee. According to the ad, I would receive an order of coffee, 2 coffee mugs, and 2 travel mugs for $5. Pretty sweet deal, right? Wrong!
I ended up being charged $25.50 on 6/22 for the coffee and both sets of mugs. I was willing to eat the cost of that because it was still a cool deal to me. However, another package arrived a day or two after the first. I wasn't expecting this package at all; I hadn't even tried out the coffee from the first order yet. I checked my checking account and Seattle Coffee Direct charged me $38.95 and $1.17 on 6/23! One day later!
I called the company, told them that what happened and the woman I spoke to told me that I could return the second package (I still wanted to keep the first one) as long as it was unopened. Once they received the package, they would start the refund process, which would take 30 to 90 days. While that sounded crazy, considering the fact that they were able to charge my account so quickly, I agreed to this and shipped the package via UPS. I waited a month and called again to make sure they receive the shipment. The woman I spoke to on this call said they received the package and the refund process started in mid July, I think on the 17th. She said that it would be 30 to 90 days from that date. So I am still waiting.
I am approaching the 90 day mark and I have called a few times this week. The recording says that the office is closed and the regular office hours are 10a to 6p eastern time. Mind you had been calling during the office hours at different times each time. I tried calling again today, and a woman answered the phone. I explained the situation and she told me that I would see the refund next week and then hung up on me. I thought that was strange since this person didn't have my information and couldn't have had my account information in front of her.
I called back and heard the same message about the office being closed. So I tried calling again and this time I was able to speak with a rep. I again explained the situation and this rep actually pulled up my information and found an error. According to her, this error was preventing the refund from going through (not sure how true that is, but for the sake of the argument I'll go with that). Anyway, she said that since this error has been fixed, I should receive my refund in 10 business days. So, I will come back here to update by 10/29, that will be about 10 business days. Hopefully, this will finally end, on a good note.