Complaint Review: Seattle Coffee Direct - SeattleCoffeeDirect.com

• Submitted: Tue, December 01, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, December 01, 2009

• Reported By: Ginab65 — King George Virginia U.S.A.
Seattle Coffee Direct - SeattleCoffeeDirect.com
990 Grove St Ste 204, Evanston, IL 60201-6512 Internet United States of America

Seattle Coffee Direct - SeattleCoffeeDirect.com Ultimate Beans Charges Debit Card 5 Months AFTER Confirmed Cancellation Internet

I tried Seattle Coffee Direct back on June 23, 2009. The deal was a $2.00 package to try their coffee and was to come with 2 thermal coffee cups. I though this seemed great. I decided, after reading further, cancel the same day. I even received an email with a confirmation number stating that it had been canceled.

Even after this, I found another charge on my card for $38.95, just 2 days later. I immediately called the company and complained that a trial isn't a trial unless you can actually experience the product before deciding you want more. By the end of the call they agreed to refund my card and directed me to refuse the package coming.

I waited and the refund didn't show up on my card so I called them back. At first the rep said they hadn't received the package back, then a little later said they did. He also told me it would take around 4-6 weeks to get my credit, so I waited. Nothing was ever refunded.

Okay, so to top all of this off, just this past week (11/24/09), a $79.00 charge shows up on my Paypal account. Imagine my surprise when I saw this. Thank God I had kept the original cancellation email and disputed the charge with Paypal. I also had to pay a $34.00 stop payment fee with my bank. It did get reversed and I had to hot card my debit card.

This type of thing should never happen, and I'm amazed that a company such as this is allowed to continue on stealing people's money. So, in this process I have lost a total of $72.95 for the origianl $38.95 that was never refunded and the cost to stop payment on the bogus $79.00 charge. These people are seriously outright crooks!

Regina, King George, VA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2009 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seattle-Coffee-Direct-SeattleCoffeeDirectcom/internet/Seattle-Coffee-Direct-SeattleCoffeeDirectcom-Ultimate-Beans-Charges-Debit-Card-5-Months-531340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seattle Coffee Direct - SeattleCoffeeDirect.com