occurring

• Updated: Tue, December 01, 2009

• Reported By: Ed Podowski — Lutherville Maryland United States of America
Seattle Coffee Direct
P.O. Box 4004 Evanston, Illinois United States of America

Seattle Coffee Direct Cafe Saporito Getting Roasted By Direct Coffee Beans Evanston, Illinois

October 29, 2009 found a charge from Direct Coffee Bean 888-983-2233 for $38.90 on my VISA charge card. Called the Toll Free number and was informed of a computer glitch for Cafe Saporito. Their customer service person said they would immediately refund the money.  He also said if I received a package in the mail, that I may use or throw away the coffee as I see fit and that I do not have to return it.

December 1, 2009 I was reviewing my VISA statement and did not find any refunds from Direct Coffee Bean.  I tried to call the company for almost an hour, but continued to receive busy signals or agents busy leave a message, but mailbox was full.

I called my credit card company to dispute the charge which also voided my credit card.

I called Direct Coffee Bean one more time and amazingly I got through.  The customer service person said it usually takes 30 to 60 days to receive a refund.  I told him I was told I would receive a refund immediately since I did not order the coffee in the first place.

If you are reading this because you were charged or received a shipment of coffee you did not order, I would not trust this company to do the right thing.  I would also file a complaint with your State Attorney General office.  Lets try to prevent Direct Coffee Bean from sending out unauthorized shipments and making unauthorized charges to someones credit cards.  People are being challenged enough in these economic times, no one needs more problems.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2009 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seattle-Coffee-Direct/Evanston-Illinois-60204/Seattle-Coffee-Direct-Cafe-Saporito-Getting-Roasted-By-Direct-Coffee-Beans-Evanston-Illin-531592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seattle Coffee Direct