Complaint Review: Seattle Coffee Direct

• Submitted: Tue, December 01, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, December 01, 2009

• Reported By: lucas — United States of America
Seattle Coffee Direct

Seattle Coffee Direct Global Coffee Direct, Java Beanery Direct Multiple Unauthorized Charges after cancelling, Internet

On 7/18/09 I signed up for a trial offer of Seattle Coffee Direct for $2.00 whereby I would receive 2 packages of coffee and 2 travel mugs.  I could cancel anytime.  Right away I called and canceled my membership but the person on the phone said that my coffee was already in route and she could cancel future deliveries but not ones in progress.  Are you kidding?  It was in progress 10 minutes after I signed up for the trial?

I was charged $38.95 on 7/27/09 and another charge for $38.95 on 7/29. I called customer service on 7/28/09 and talked with Vina at extension 3002.  She said she would cancel my last shipment and return 1 charge of $38.95 to my card.  She instructed me to return the package of coffee I would be receiving and once they received it they would return the other $38.95 to me.

I received my coffee on 8/3, sent it back via UPS "Return to Sender".

On 8/18/09 I called Seattle Coffee Direct to determine the status of my refund as I had not received any credits yet.  I spoke with Curt at extension 3025.  He informed me that I would be getting a credit at the end of August or Mid September for the 2nd charge for the unshipped coffee.  He also said that for the 1st charge for the shipped coffee it would take 3-4 weeks for UPS to return packages and takes 1-2 billing cycles to refund and I may not receive my credit until September or October.

I never received credits to my account and was going to let it go until yesterday when I noticed a charge from Seattle Coffee for $79.00 and another charge from Java Beanery Direct for $79.00.  I never received any additional product from these organizations.  I attempted to call them multiple times but it kept saying all circuits are busy.

I went to my bank today and filed a claim for all 4 of these charges and they promptly returned it to my account (Chase).

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY - THEY WILL MAKE UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT, WILL OVER BILL YOU AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REACH THEM TO MAKE AMENDS.  IT IS UNBELIEVABLE THAT THIS ORGANIZATION CAN CONTINUE TO OPERATE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2009 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seattle-Coffee-Direct/internet/Seattle-Coffee-Direct-Global-Coffee-Direct-Java-Beanery-Direct-Multiple-Unauthorized-Char-531450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seattle Coffee Direct