Complaint Review: Seattle Coffee Direct../..Peel,Inc. /Metro Coffee Roasters/ Coffee Roasters Direct/ Vermont Roasting

• Submitted: Mon, January 26, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 26, 2009

• Reported By:The Dalles Oregon
990 Grove St. Ste. 204 Evanston, Illinois U.S.A.

Seattle Coffee Direct../..Peel,Inc: Metro Coffee Roasters/ Coffee Roasters Direct/ Vermont Roasting Think you read it all? Wish I read BBB report before I finished the order form Evanston Illinois

I thought that I was so carful. I wanted the Coffee package for $25.00, the 5 for $5. Bag of coffee beans, 2 cups, 2 travel mugs.

I dont know the words to explain how I felt when I saw that 24 hours later there was another charge of $38.95 in my bank statment. I did not authorize it to be taken out. I knew that I did a membership by purchasing the 5 for $5. I searched the "Details and Terms" carefully to make sure that there were no hiddens fees.

When I called Customer Service, Nate, the phone rep. was aurguing that I did agree to the "membership" Because this short sentence on the agreement.."Monthly shippments are an estimate, they may be more or less frequent. " MORE meant NOW. So, they took the $38.95. I didnt even get a chance to pick what flavors I want!

I demaded my money back, all of it. He told me I had to wait till the "packages" arrived and then ship them back to get my money. 3 packages, he said went out UPS.
I demanded a tracking number or an order number. He didnt have one to give me. Then how do I know that there is product on the way to me?

I dont. I do know that I am out $63.95

I went onto the BBB. The BBB rating is Unsatisfactory. This company has had 515 complaints to it. It works under 15 separate names. Have had 233 billing or collection issues, in the past 36 months.

I mentioned this to 'Nate'. He became short, stop listening to me, and said that I just didnt know what I was talking about. I get my money when they get their product.

It's odd ...Seattle Coffee Direct can take my money before I have the order. But they WONT give me my money back before they have the order ???

I called my bank, stopped the credit card. Made a claim against Seattle Coffee Direct, in fear that they would just keep taking my money, when ever they decided to send something out.

Sue
The Dalles, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2009 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seattle-Coffee-DirectPeelInc-Metro-Coffee-Roasters-Coffee-Roasters-Direct-Vermont-Roasting/Evanston-Illinois-60201-6521/Seattle-Coffee-DirectPeelInc-Metro-Coffee-Roasters-Coffee-Roasters-Direct-Vermont-416375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seattle Coffee Direct../..Peel,Inc. /Metro Coffee Roasters/ Coffee Roasters Direct/ Vermont Roasting