Complaint Review: Seattle Direct Coffee, Saparito

• Updated: Sat, January 16, 2010

• Reported By: Cindy — York Pennsylvania United States of America
Seattle Direct Coffee, Saparito
P.O. Box 4004 Evanston, Illinois United States of America

Seattle Direct Coffee, Saparito - Signed up for trial. Cancelled. Began being billed and receiving coffee after 6 mos. Promised credit to my card-has not occurred. Promised to cancel my NEVER AUTHORIZED "membership"--will they?? Evanston, Illinois

I did not remember ever hearing of Seattle Direct Coffee aka Saparito before.  I received a package marked Saparito.  I mistakenly, without knowing what or who this package was really from, opened it to find coffee and a travel mug.

I had signed up for a trial package from them in Mar. 09 and cancelled it.  After 6 mos. I began being billed and receiving coffee again.

I tried several times to call the number on the piece of paper, in the box mistakenly opened, only to have it answered, by a machine. I learned that this was really Seattle Coffee Direct.  I tried and tried to reach someone, a person, by phone to cancel any further shipments, which by the way, I NEVER authorized.  I went online to see if I could cancel online and there is no way to do that.

Finally, today, 12/28/2009, I got through to a customer service person, thanks to another dissatisfied customer whose story is similar to mine, who listed a phone number I had not previously seen before online or on paper, from the company.  The customer service person told me that my return would be credited to my credit card when it arrived back to them and that she would cancel my membership.

The customer service person stated that I signed up in March of this year to receive coffee monthly BUT I did not receive coffee in April, May, June, July, August, September or October.  Suddenly, I begin to get coffee in November and December?!!     For some reason they decided to start sending coffee to me again!!  While I was explaining this to her she hung up on me.  A good customer service person would have checked to see what happened between April and November.

As it has turned out I have not received any credit to my credit card to date. (01/16/2010)

I feel that this company is fraudulent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2010 02:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seattle-Direct-Coffee-Saparito/-Evanston-Illinois-60204/Seattle-Direct-Coffee-Saparito-Signed-up-for-trial-Cancelled-Began-being-billed-and-r-555578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seattle Direct Coffee, Saparito