Complaint Review: Seattlecoffeedirect.com

• Submitted: Mon, December 17, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, November 25, 2008

• Reported By:Fort Smith Arkansas
Seattlecoffeedirect.com
990 Grove St., Ste 204, Evanston, IL 60201 Evanston, Illinois U.S.A.

Seattlecoffeedirect.com Rip-Off made good by SeattleCoffeeDirect.com ... PLEASE READ! Evanston Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Further Assistance

*Author of original report: I GOT MY REFUND! But, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

*Consumer Comment: SeattleCoffeeDirect/PosterPass/ShopDani all owned by Peel.com

I was shocked to look at my bank account today (Monday) to see $34 had already been deducted from an order made Friday afternoon. Not only was the money taken out of my account, I had not received any confirmation for my order or any notification of shipment, etc. I, too, had signed up for 2 bags of coffee and a grinder for $9 from the Seattle Coffee Direct! I searched the internet and found only complaints about the company and I freaked! I called my bank to see what I could do but was sent to voicemail. AUGH! So, I searched on google and found the compnay website and phone numbers. I called. 2 rings and I had an answer. I explained that I had ordered but had no idea a $9 order was going to be $34. I wanted to cancel the order. The operator told me that the order had already shipped and she had just sent out an email to tell me that it had shipped and to explain the charges. She then told me that all I had to do was write Return To Sender on the package when I got it and when they got it back they would refund the money. We will see. But I also got an email that stated my account had been cancelled and I would NOT be charged again nor would any more shipments be sent. But, a word to the wise would be not to ever order to begin with. I am wondering if I will get the $25 shipping refunded! I'll let you know.
Westie55 in Arkansas

Westie55
Fort Smith, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2007 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seattlecoffeedirectcom/Evanston-Illinois-60201/Seattlecoffeedirectcom-Rip-Off-made-good-by-SeattleCoffeeDirectcom-PLEASE-READ-Evan-292271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seattlecoffeedirect.com

Further Assistance

AUTHOR: Jeff Berman - (U.S.A.)

Dear Westie,

I apologize for any problems you have encountered with Seattle Coffee Direct. If you need any further assistance, please call 888-217-CAFE and a customer service representative would be happy to help you. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.seattlecoffeedirect.com/TC2.php.

Sincerely,
Jeff Berman
Direct of Customer Service
jberman@seattlecoffeedirect.com

I GOT MY REFUND! But, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

AUTHOR: Westie55 - (U.S.A.)

My package from Seattle Coffee Direct was delivered by US Postal Service on Dec. 21 but I had to return it to the DHL office! Anyway, due to the holidays I could not return until Dec. 26. I emailed and was told that it would take 3-4 WEEKS for the refund. Amazing how they can take money so fast yet take so long to return it. I did not get the refund until JANUARY 24!!! They had my money for 6 weeks! I did alot of emailing to find out where the refund was but I did finally get the entire $34 back. I'm not sure I will ever buy online again from ANY company I don't know.

SeattleCoffeeDirect/PosterPass/ShopDani all owned by Peel.com

AUTHOR: Older & Smarter - (U.S.A.)

go to www.peel.com

that's who's running the scam