Complaint Review: Seawest Financial

• Submitted: Wed, August 01, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, August 01, 2001

• Reported By:Detroit MI
Seawest Financial
8303 Alondra Blvd Second Floor Paramount, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 1-800-824-2236
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Seawest Financial are theives. They took money I didn't owe out of my account without my authorization. Bank One let it happen.

I took out an auto loan with Seawest Financial last year. I authorized them to take $100 out of my account once. I got behind on a payment and not only did they just take the money out of my account, but also out of my mother's account and she has nothing to do with the car.

I got a call from my bank stating that I owe them $411 for to electronic transfers that I did not authorize. Seawest claims to have only taken one payment and my bank statement shows that two payments of $206.23 was taken out of my account on the same day.

Seawest also said that the $100 I authorized to come out was returned to them insufficient funds, while my bank statement proves that $100 was taken out by Seawest.

I got the runaround on the phone and I was informed that someone would get back to me in a week because they are tied up with June bills.

Bank One claims that Seawest's computer can go into my account anytime and do an automatic debt, but they are suppose to have authorization first. All Bank One did to help was take automatic debts off my account so that Seawest can't do it again. I'm still out $511.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seawest-Financial/Paramount-California-90723/Seawest-Financial-are-theives-They-took-money-I-didnt-owe-out-of-my-account-without-my-a-5994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seawest Financial