- Report: #526245
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Seckel Capital
Seckel Capital642 Newtown Yardley Road, Suite 220 Newtown, Pennsylvania United States of America
Seckel Capital John Seckel AVOID THIS MORTGAGE BROKER Newtown, Pennsylvania
*Consumer Comment: Appraisal took some time but, on balance, I'm satisfied.
*UPDATE Employee: Seckel Capital has 95.2% Customer Satisfaction Rate and follows all applicable lending/brokering laws.
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
He continued to claim that it this report from the appraiser that the lender was waiting on. I spoke personally to this appraiser multiple times and he assured me that he had submitted everything he needed to the lender. There was clearly something more going on here that I was not privy to. During the entire time, John took no responsibility for these problems and blamed everyone he could for them from the seller to the appraiser to the lender. It was never his fault. Things only came together once I told John that I was beginning to work with another mortgage broker. In addition to all the hassles just to close, it also too me six weeks to get my up front deposit back and this only happened because I successfully disputed the charge with American Express.
As for all Johns guarantees, they are nothing but empty promises:
* Always accessible. Hard to claim if they wont speak with you, answer questions, or return emails and phone calls.
* We pride ourselves on Truth&Honesty. Still dont know the whole story as to why it took 12 days to close. If they wont give the customer a straight story, how can they claim to be truthful and honest?
* On time loan closing guarantee. They will blame any delays on someone else so it is never their fault. You will notice they claim this guarantee, but never say what they will do if they do not close you on time.
His rates may be low but it is just not worth the stress and risk of choosing this mortgage broker. If you are lucky and things go smoothly (as it looks like has happened for some of the other people who have rated him) then great, but if there are any bumps, be prepared to deal with horrible customer service and zero communication.
I am sure John will have slick rebuttal for this review but I assure you he and his company are best avoided. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you will consider my experience before choosing this lender.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2009 07:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seckel-Capital/Newtown-Pennsylvania-18940/Seckel-Capital-John-Seckel-AVOID-THIS-MORTGAGE-BROKER-Newtown-Pennsylvania-526245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.