Complaint Review: Second Time Round (SecondTimeRound.com) AKA Internet Rolex Watch FRAUD SCAM

• Submitted: Sat, December 13, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, December 13, 2008

• Reported By:London Other
Second Time Round (SecondTimeRound.com) AKA Internet Rolex Watch FRAUD SCAM
England London, United Kingdom

Second Time Round - SecondTimeRound.com - Internet Rolex Watch FRAUD SCAM Second Time Round (SecondTimeRound.com) sold me a FAKE Rolex watch for 6000 Pounds. It came back as a 20 Pound Chinese Replica Fake Rolex. Second Time Round is a Scam London United Kingdom

In June 2008 I purchased a Rolex President for my wife from Second Time Round using my Mastercard, I paid 6000 pounds for the watch. I gave the watch to my wife in July, and by October, the self-winding mechanism began to malfunction, and the watch stopped at 11:50pm every night and had to be manually set and wound every morning. By November the date set knob no longer worked.

The watch came with a one-year guarantee against defects of materials or workmanship. Thus, I emailed Second Time Round and, as directed by its website, to ask how I should go about getting the watch repaired under the guarantee. I received no reply.

Over the course of a month and a half, I emailed repeatedly to every address available, and using every subject line recommended, on the website, and called, and was told I needed to speak to a manager who was, oddly enough, never there.

In my last email, I warned that I would report his business to the BBB and ripoffreport.com, among various other organizations. While waiting for a reply, I investigated how much it would cost to get the watch repaired on my own at which point a very well respected watch maker and repairman in our area told me that the watch was a very cheap watch, made in China (not Switzerland as every bit of language surrounding the sale of this watch would lead you to believe), and that he would not repair it even for 200 pounds because he couldn't guarantee the work as the parts and craftsmanship have very little integrity.

It's funny how quick these guys were to cut the price down and get the sale. I knew something was fishy when they were so willing to give me a good price. It's because the watch was fake and it cost them next to nothing! I spoke with Alfred who did the initial sale. He was very unprofessional and I knew the price was too good to be true. The website looked great , everything looked good, but, ultimately, I filed a report with the FBI and the district attorney's office. I have yet to receive a reply.

Marie
London
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2008 10:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Second-Time-Round-SecondTimeRoundcom-AKA-Internet-Rolex-Watch-FRAUD-SCAM/London-/Second-Time-Round-SecondTimeRoundcom-Internet-Rolex-Watch-FRAUD-SCAM-Second-Time-Roun-1034429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Second Time Round (SecondTimeRound.com) AKA Internet Rolex Watch FRAUD SCAM