• Report: #891994

• Updated: Tue, October 16, 2012

• Reported By: Rick — Harrisonburg Virginia United States of America
Second-to-None
303 Detroit St Internet United States of America

Second-to-None Ryan Pinter VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE Ann ArborInternet, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Second to None provides the clearest communication possible

I had been working for Second-to-None for a while, not sure how long. I was doing shops on 2-3 Staples in the Staunton & Harrisonburg, Va, area. I was e-mailed by a clerk, Ryan Pinter that I had missed some shops, some were rejected, etc. I was not aware of this until I got his e-mail on appox. May 3-4. He then told me my account was inactivated which was no May 4...I have back-up copies of All e-mails.after maney e-mails back & forth I asked him why I could not get into my own account & how much monies were due me. His answer was I was not due any monies & do not not contact this company any more my account is closed.

Little did he know that I had talked to a person by the name of Jess she had already told me, several days earler that I was due $25 & change. During these e-mails back & forth I asked Ryan Pinter several times to let me speak to a Super., do you think he would let me?? KNOW.I contacted the help desk and was given an e-mail for someone named David Williams. About a day later he called me about the problem & listened, that was IT!. I have sent him several e-mails with NO returns. The clerk Ryan Pinter sent me an e-mail that had  attachments where someone had sent me errors on reports.

The attachments would NOT open up...I sent him another e-mail about this & told him & David Williams that my provider told me those e-mails did not go through because I have been having problems for some time as someone has the same e-mail address as I do, it has been fixed in the mean time. I feel I was not treated fairly by this company due to lack of VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE! I would not recommend this company to any new workers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2012 04:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Second-to-None/internet/Second-to-None-Ryan-Pinter-VERY-POOR-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-Ann-ArborInternet-Michigan-891994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Second-to-None

Second to None provides the clearest communication possible

AUTHOR: SteveLA - (United States of America)

I have done many shops with Second to None, and have also completed shops with this same scheduler, Ryan.  He has never been anything less than professional with me.  All of his email communications include his direct line, and any time that I have called him with an issue related to a shop, he answered and helped me right away.

As far as the incomplete or rejected shops.  I have never had a shop rejected.  I have, however, had shops that require clarification after they have been submitted.  The agreements that all shoppers enter into with STN states that shoppers are obligated to check their emails regularly after completing shops in case a request for clarification is made.  And, once that request is made, then the shopper has 12 hours to log into the site and complete the request for clarification.

These requests are not sent out from any particular scheduler, including Ryan.  Any of a number of different people in their office can proofread a submitted report.  If the find that more information is necessary to make the report complete for their client, then the send out the request for clarification, and it is an automated request through their computer/website system.

They don't just reject shops.  They request clarification.  And, if you don't log in and try to clarify the unclear parts of your report; or, if you cannot provide the information that you were required to attain during your shop, then, of course, your shop will be rejected.

If you missed shops, and then had shops rejected, for whatever reason, then you are not entitled to money.  Your lack of professionalism in contracting with them has caused them a lot of work.  They had to repost the shops on their job board, and have another shopper redo the shops that you failed to complete.

I have completed every shop that I signed up for with them, or if I couldn't complete one, then I emailed the scheduler and they rescheduled it for me.  Additionally, I have answered every request for clarification.  The result:  I have always been paid on time, and have never had a problem with them.

All of the people working at this agency, including Ryan, are great people.  There is no logical argument you can make that they mistreated you.  You even stated yourself that you missed shops and had shops rejected, but were unaware.  Had you been logging into their website on a daily basis when you had shops in process, as you agreed to do in your independent contractor agreement, then you would have never had this problem that you are trying to blame others for