Theresa

• Submitted: Fri, January 05, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, January 06, 2007

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Secret Cash Card - EDP Mastercard
secertcashcard.com - EDPReporting.com Internet U.S.A.

Secret Cash Card - EDP Mastercard ripoff they both took funds from my account unauthorized Internet *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Author of original report: update on ripoff

I am not sure how it happened I do remember being on the internet and trying to get loans,but anyways now I am in debt more than I was. They took funds unauthorized.Secert cash card took 49.95 causing a NSF charge 32.00Then the other took 159.95,plus three charged of NSF,and I am unable to work right now and am working on only my husbands income which does not cover everything being he is paying child support.I need meds that I cannot even afford ,we go with out food shopping due to no money for it.I get help from the church for food.or my kids help me by having us over,But this has nothing to do with what these companies have done to me.I am so upset cause I dont know How I will be able to pay the bank and get ahead.If that.I have tried to contact them and they gave me a run around you must go thru the internet to reply a report,and the EDP well I got an online person and they sAY I WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE TIME ON THERE,AND THAT i SIGNED AND SAID IT WAS OK SO THE RULES ARE THAT NO MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED TO ME BECAUSE THEY HAVE something I filled out although I did not. I threatened to turn them in if my money was not givwen back and the person hung up with me.If that didnt set off a brihgt light.But now it is too late I guess I am going to be stuck tring to figure out how to cover this. I feel helpless and now even poorer than I was.

Debbie
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF REPORT SUGGESTS YOU DO:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com
EDitor@RipoffReport.com
badbusinessbureau.com
www.ripoffreport.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2007 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Secret-Cash-Card-EDP-Mastercard/internet/Secret-Cash-Card-EDP-Mastercard-ripoff-they-both-took-funds-from-my-account-unauthorized-228959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Secret Cash Card - EDP Mastercard

update on ripoff

AUTHOR: Debbie - (U.S.A.)

I have reported them to you,and made afew more letters to them and now they send me aletter this morning saying that they will send a refund check after I fill out this form in which they say to copy and paste the address but there is no way to do that,they say to go to SecretCashCardService.com/cgi-bin/refund.cgi it comes up this site may not exsit.

Hmm,as I figured,I am awaiting aresponse of my sending the letter back to them stating this and that they have my information just send the chek. Don't give up we need to shut them down for good so people dont keep having these problems.