Complaint Review: Secret Cash Card

• Reported By:pamplin Virginia
Secret Cash Card
secretcashcardservices.com Internet U.S.A.

Secret Cash Card unauthorized electronic debiting of bank account Internet

Secret Cash Card debited my checking account without authorization for $49.95. I went online and applied for a loan. After filling out the application, I began to receive phone calls by the dozens from companies willing to give me high interest loans. I declined all of these "sketchy" offers.

After receiving calls from many companies for several days, I noticed a debit transaction for $49.95 in my checking account. I quickly called my bank, which then applied a stop payment (waived the fees) to any future transactions with this amount. However, they advised me to change my account number. What a mess!

My bank had trouble reading the company information on the electronic check but of course my name and banking account information was readily legible. I finally retrieved the company information and a 1-866# that redirected me to call another number... 401-228-9232. After letting the phone ring for about 15 minutes, a woman picked up the phone and quickly put me on HOLD. I sat for another 15 minutes and the phone rang again. After sitting on the phone an additional 25 minutes (total telephone wait time was 55 minutes), I had to give up.

I went to the suggested website I got from Rip-off Report.com and filled in the information to receive my refund, although I am certain, judging by the previously received "customer service", I won't receive anything back.

This has got to be illegal! Although my bank is investigating it, I am currently out the $49.95 until they reach a determination. I am a single mom on a fixed military income, how can they get away with this???

pamplin, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2007 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Secret-Cash-Card/internet/Secret-Cash-Card-unauthorized-electronic-debiting-of-bank-account-Internet-236997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Secret Cash Card