Complaint Review: Secret Shopping Cart

• Reported By: Elena — Minneapolis Minnesota United States of America
Secret Shopping Cart
130 Fifth Avenue 4th Floor New York, NY 10019 Internet United States of America

Secret Shopping Cart Secret Shopping Online Internet

*UPDATE Employee: ELENA MERCURIO IS A SCAMMER!

*UPDATE Employee: ELENA MERCURIO USED FALSE/STOLEN INFO!

Secret Shopping Cart e-mailed me saying they are a secret shopping company that secret shops all online websites, where you can earn some extra money. They set up the date to work my first job. It was all through instant message with a guy named Peter. They did reimburse me up front (through paypal) for the shipping and handling charges (ON MY OWN CREDIT CARD) so I wasn't out any money, AND on top of it I would be paid $12 an hour. It took me THREE HOURS to fill out all my info on the 10 websites of free trials on the excel sheet they provided me, so I was glad I was going to be paid $36. He said it had to be reviewed before I would be paid.

I had to keep track of all the trials so my credit card wouldn't be charged for all of them. I canceled all of them in the time of each trial ending. I had to return a couple of the trials back to the companies to prevent being charged which came out to about $11.00. I e-mailed Secret Shopping Cart, asking to be reimbursed for that shipping and then be paid (it had been 30 days now).  I heard nothing.

AND THEN I looked at my credit card statement and there was a couple of charges that I had no idea where it came from! Calling both companies where the charges came from, both said they were "extra" things I signed up for when I did the free trial (even thought I KNOW I was never told about it. One company refunded the money, one didn't so I had to dispute it to my credit card company and they refunded it.

It seems like secret shopping cart gets paid money by these companies to make people sign up for these free trials and then be roped in to all these credit card charges.

I have called them, e-mailed over and over, instant messaged and nobody responds to me.

SECRET SHOPPING CART IS A SCAM!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2010 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Secret-Shopping-Cart/internet/Secret-Shopping-Cart-Secret-Shopping-Online-Internet-564600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Secret Shopping Cart

ELENA MERCURIO IS A SCAMMER!

AUTHOR: Kathlene - (United States of America)

Elena Mercurio was not paid the additional money because she violated our terms of service / her contract with us.  It doesn't even sound like she read our TOS based on this report, even though she electronically agreed to them.  It was reported that she used fraudulent/stolen credit card information to obtain the merchandise.

Unfortunately, we do get some workers who like to try to scam us by entering false/stolen info. We do not pay people who use fraudulent information, plain and simple.  She was unable to provide proof that she did not commit fraud.

She did not complete the assignment correctly either even though she was given step by step instructions from a trainer.  She was supposed to write short reviews for each merchant's customer service, give us comments on merchant's website design etc. and we received none of these things from her.

We do not receive compensation from any merchants.  It doesn't sound like Elena read or followed some of the merchant's terms and conditions and that is why she was charged by them.

She sent us multiple threatening/harrassing instant messages and e-mails demanding payment even though she violated her contract and was terminated.  We basically wasted our time and money with Elena Mercurio only to receive nothing in return but this nasty report she wrote.  We will continue to thrive as a business and we will not let scammers like Elena Mercurio stop us from running a legitimate secret shopping business.

ELENA MERCURIO USED FALSE/STOLEN INFO!

AUTHOR: Kathlene - (United States of America)