Complaint Review: Secret Society

• Submitted: Fri, August 19, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, August 19, 2011

• Reported By: Ron from Illinois — Springfield Illinois United States of America
Secret Society
PO Box 560627 Dallas, Texas United States of America

Secret Society Fortune of Finances Ripping off the Eldery Dallas Texas

My mom received a letter from Secret Society claiming she had been discovered having special traits. She did not send letter back as requested. Received a call from an individual claiming she had won a vehicle and a large sum of money. Red flags should have flown high.

Mom has dementia I took the call. They are very convincing. Sent them a check for processing. Said they were delivering a 2012 Mercedes and a large check the next day. Then called said a tax stamp was needed. I dutifully sent the money western union as reqquested. Why did I not check all this out? I did try called customs they said be careful. They gave me a number they said was high in customs that could explain. I called the number gave him package number provided, he said it was indeed the car. Think it was their personal representative

I Now they called said IRS agent helping to finalize forms for delivery today or tomorrow at the latest Monday. they asked for a fax number to sent info from the IRS to prove this is all true. I am going to try to get him to bring documents personally. I am not going to provide a fax number. Cannot believe I fell for this scam, thought I was a we bit brighter than this. Sorry this was so long but thought others should be informed. Please be aware! Feel so stupid, ignorant really. Plead feel free to contact me I have names probably fictitious and phone numbers again thank you for listening. I am her POA thought I was doing good think I was very wrong. if this truly comes to be real I will let you know again thanks for listening.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2011 05:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Secret-Society/Dallas-Texas-75356-0627/Secret-Society-Fortune-of-Finances-Ripping-off-the-Eldery-Dallas-Texas-767038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Secret Society