Complaint Review: Securitas Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, January 20, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, January 09, 2012

• Reported By: Stephen — Gouverneur New York United States of America
Securitas Inc.
101 Old Cove Rd. Suite 100 Liverpool, New York United States of America

Securitas Inc. I was screwed out of the job I loved,and no remorse from the company Liverpool, New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Securitas will do whatever it takes to bill their Client

I started working for Securitas in late 2006. I worked at 2 sites one weekends. The weekend site I worked 12-16 hours a day. During the coarse of 3 months or so,several of my co workers were fired by Securitas and no reason given. I was doing fine with the company except whenever I would talk to them I got attitude.

I had the flu once and called in for the day off. They said no and I went to work. One night the boss at my second site called and said he needed someone to cover at the site.I called for someone to cover my first sire so I could cover for my weekend site.

I went in to work at 12am and work 16 hours because my relief was late. The summer of 2007 came and My weekend site quit using Securitas. I was left with the one work site. Securitas called me and asked if I would work as a guard at a hospital. I told them I would leave my original work site and work at the hospital.

I worked guarding the hospital and worked 3.5 days a week 12 hour days. I walked 40 minutes and hour and sat for 20. I drove 30 miles a day to work. I have never had a run in with Securitas. I always did my job,hardly missed a day. One day my supervisor from Securitas came and told me the head of the hospital wanted me fired. When I asked why they had no answer.

I did return to work at the hospital and did my job better. Securitas came back about 2 weeks later and told me I had to leave my job at the hospital. The supervisor said I wasnt fired from Securitas and when a site opens i'll be placed there. A week or so I called Securitas and asked if an opening came. I was told yes,but they didn't think it was right for me. I recieved a call about a week later saying I was fired. No reason or explanation or nothing.

I gave Securitas all I could for a year. I loved that company. Security is what I like and 2 years after losing my job still no explanation. I've even tried to apply over and over and got a big no.I did nothing wrong and would like them to man up and tell me why I was fired. I would still like to work for Securitas.We have nothing for security companies. I wish Securitas would take responsibility for what they do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2010 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Securitas-Inc/Liverpool-New-York-13090/Securitas-Inc-I-was-screwed-out-of-the-job-I-lovedand-no-remorse-from-the-company-Liver-557539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Securitas Inc.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Securitas will do whatever it takes to bill their Client

AUTHOR: Anti-Securitass - (United States of America)

I had worked for this corporation and I must agree with what you say completely. I had started out as a guard and was promoted shortly after being hired (Site Supervisor), I had also received the officer of the month. This company cares about nothing else than being able to bill their client and will do whatever it takes to continue doing so.  They have no regard for anything other than hours billed, which is how companies run- but most (atleast) pretend to care. I had placed a two weeks notice and it turned into (1) month. I was supposed to have been replaced by (2) people- if I had not saved the emails as well as reminders of my two weeks notice; I believe I would have been fired- it took some time for ~clarification". I had called there work number (verify employment 800 number) and all it could tell me was I worked there, my job title,my start and stop date- it does not tell you if you left in good standing or not, I believe there term is rehire status, as they do not verify employment out of the branch office. I had to file a complaint with the chamber of commerce for my state and I had heard back from someone whom had been kind enough to look into this matter. I am not sure if this entire corporation is run the same or if it varies from branch to branch (I would certainly hope that it does!).

At one point I thought it was a great place to work for, however I think very differently about how this company works as well as operates and I notice how similar your story sounds to what I have. I did the best I could with the staffing I had and I could not get enough new people to train and got tired of the turnover, which was ultimate my fault as there were never post orders written (to this day I believe).

As explained to me my training was a direct reflection on myself (non-client side) as well as other unkind remarks when I wanted to quit. I took a different job and after I left my branch manager said maybe Ill see you out there scrubbing the floors. To my count they have had total of (7) site supervisors. In my opinion they should at least write post orders, to my understanding that is the one"staple" of every Securitas site- with at least (1) exception.