Complaint Review: Securitas Security Services (working On Behalf Of Safeway)

• Submitted: Fri, April 11, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 16, 2012

• Reported By:Boulder Colorado
Securitas Security Services (working On Behalf Of Safeway)
757 E. 20th Avenue Denver, Colorado United States of America
  • Phone: 303-861-8169
  • Web:
  • Category: Racists

Securitas Security Services (working On Behalf Of Safeway) Didn't know that one of the 'Ingredients for Life' was gay bashing. Denver Colorado

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I am not surprised at ANYTHING SECURITAS does, however, WHY DID YOU SHOP THERE?

*Consumer Comment: Questions?

*Consumer Suggestion: Didn't you notice the sandwiches in the tote bag

I was doing my once a week shopping and I decided, hey, I am going to be tired when I go back home to Boulder today so I am going to go shopping, go to Rainbow Alley and then head home to Boulder to go to sleep before going back to work the next day.

So, I went into the Safeway and got the items I thought I'd need until my next trip to Whole Foods on Pearl. I would like to note that I carry my own shopping tote bag. So, anyway, I am going to the checkout counter and I notice the security guy slip by and bump into my bag. I wasn't really awake to it, which is a shame because this would have caught him red handed.

Anyways, I pay for my groceries and load them back in my tote bag. The next thing I know, the same security guard blocks my entry into the store. I get my receipt out and everything I paid for is in there but I notice that there were 2 sandwiches that were in my bag. Apparently the security guard placed these in the bag because when he sat me down, out of view of the security cameras and customers, he whispered in my ear "this will teach you a lesson, you f***ing faggot".

So, we wait for the police and I get a ticket for shoplifting (thus tainting my clean criminal record and making me inadmissible to Canada for the next five years).

I WILL NEVER SHOP AT SAFEWAY AGAIN AND I ADVISE EVERYONE ELSE NEVER TO SHOP THERE AGAIN EITHER

Jessica Boulder, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2008 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Securitas-Security-Services-working-On-Behalf-Of-Safeway/Denver-Colorado/Securitas-Security-Services-working-On-Behalf-Of-Safeway-Didnt-know-that-one-of-the-In-325416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Securitas Security Services (working On Behalf Of Safeway)

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I am not surprised at ANYTHING SECURITAS does, however, WHY DID YOU SHOP THERE?

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

NOTHING that Securitas does surprises me. NOTHING at all.

You ought to see how they treat their employees, at least the ones where I worked, when they find out or even suspect that they are "gay."

Are you gay? Don't you have some Civil RIghts groups that fight GAY DISCRIMINATION where you live?

Have you filed a suit for entrapment or false arrest?

Go see an attorney.

This is what I do not like about these resuseab;e shopping bags, a security eprson's nightmare!

I hope you realize that if you had had a purse, he mgiht have just as easily taken money from it.

You need to carry your stuff so that NOBODY HAS ACCESS TO IT TO SLIP IN ANYTHING!

Loss prevention generally has a very high quota schedule where they HAVE to arrest or detain so many people a week or a month or whatever, otherwise they get fire or transferred to a construction site or other undesireable place.

Safeway should have their own in-house loss prevention why are they using the PIMP Securitas??????

So don't shop there where the guys put somehting in your bag and tell all theother Gay folks to boycott them too and write a letter to Safeway Corporation. Write a paper and pen and postage stamp snail mail letter too. Encourage people to call them up to protest discrimination against gays.

Securitas was just doing what they always do....

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You did not say if you were gay or not, but how would the Guard know you are gay or not?

Now, this happened on the way to the checkout. If so how come you did not notice them when you were emptying your bag to pay for the items you did want to purchase. These shopping tote bags are generally not that big and it is really hard to miss items that are left inside of them.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Didn't you notice the sandwiches in the tote bag

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Seems strange you put groceries into the tote bag as your shopping and empty out at the register but didn't notice the two sandwiches in there??? Instead of coping a plea you should have challenged them to produce tapes of you taking the sandwiches. Maybe check other cameras to see if he slipped them in there as you are stating he did.

How did he know you were gay???????????? Just wondering.