Complaint Review: Securitas Security Services

• Submitted: Sat, April 28, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, June 12, 2012

• Reported By: Securitas Shift Supervisor — detroit Michigan United States of America
Securitas Security Services
dearborn, Michigan United States of America

Securitas Security Services Sexual Harrassment and Unfrofessionalism dearborn, Michigan

*UPDATE Employee: Hotline a JOKE

*UPDATE Employee: Hotline

*UPDATE Employee: Terrible situation

*UPDATE Employee: Suggestion...

I have to find a new job. While working on my site, I saw the VP of Michigan called Anthony Murrie flirting with one of the officers that works with me. I am older than he is and am bothered that a manager would do this. She said he always does it and he one time invited her to dinner or to have fun at a stripper place with drinks. She also said she could see her tattoo under her uniform shirt when she was signing people in and asked to see it more. He said his wife had a tattoo also and he wanted to compare. He didn't think I could hear him because I was on the phone but I could.  She doesn't complain because she says she need her job and is a single parent but this is not right. I have a daugter her age who is a single parent too and I would not like her to be treatted this way. He also stares at women in the building and says things about their body.  I like my branch manager and I talked to him about the VP. My branch manager says that Murrie will be president soon so I can't say anything and to ignores it. I told my branch manager that I did not like how he acted with her but he said not to say anything because his friend is the president and someone complained in the office and send a letter to Executifs about him and flirting and she is gone from Securitas.   As a shift supervisor I have to protect my officers but I needs my job. I talked to my site supervisor too and he says he noticed that too and had heard him do that but to stay quiet because we all get paid more at this site and he would send us to a dangerous site likes the DPS schools. I stay quiet and maybe that makes me bad too. Can anyone tells me what to do or do I just stay quiet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2012 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Securitas-Security-Services/dearborn-Michigan-/Securitas-Security-Services-Sexual-Harrassment-and-Unfrofessionalism-dearborn-Michigan-875451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Securitas Security Services

Hotline a JOKE

AUTHOR: Pissed Supervisor - (Canada)

The company hotline (ethicspoint) is a useless suggestion - I filed a complaint about several labour law violations (naming names including myself as they would have figured it out anyway) a year ago and they didn't even bother to respond (to this day). Ethicspoint reps were even suprised then they saw how long it was outstanding.

I spoke to an HR manager as well (a few months after my report) who reported it to a VP and the HR manager was let go within a month. The only reason they didn't come after me too is because the client doesn't want anyone else here (and have saved their bacon a few times). Securitas does not care at all so long as these managers are kissing the clients ass and bringing in new business - to hell with the employees who services are what they sell and bring home the profits.

Hotline

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

The hotline is exactly where he needs to go. He stated that other people knew of the problem but would not comment. There's no way to connect it to him. Use a payphone (it's a !-800 number), don't give name or title. Or do nothing and be part of the problem.

Terrible situation

AUTHOR: Pete - (United States of America)

It sounds like the shift supervisor reported it to his Manager of the Branch and was told not to do anything else so it is not proper to say he should use a hotline. Even if it was anonymous, they would know it was him and his job would be at risk.  Saying he should get removed and another shift supervisor should be hired is not fair to him. It also sounds like the Vice President is well connected to the executives. Terrible situation.

Suggestion...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

As Shift Supervisor you should know that problems like this can be addressed anonymously through the company hotline. If you don't know this then maybe you shouldn't be a Shift Supervisor. Maybe they should give the job to someone who knows how to do it.