Complaint Review: Securitas inc.

• Submitted: Mon, March 05, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, March 05, 2012

• Reported By: mr. Done wrong — Battle creek Michigan United States of America
Securitas inc.

Securitas inc. Cheated out of vacation pay Internet

*Consumer Comment: I think I might understand

*General Comment: What are the vacation pay policies?

Cheated out of vacation pay

Since 2009 I have been trying to get my 3 weeks vacation pay that I earned working the required first 10 years  at Full Time to earn it working  for a security  company first called Wells Fargo, then Burns security, and now Securitas inc. and have worked there for 23+  years at FULL time. After being removed from a site that I worked at for those 23+ years at full time  I was removed at that site and  placed as a part time guard and now I am  what's  is called  a Flex Guard. Since being placed on part time my company now has been cheating me out of my 3 weeks vacation pay that I have all ready earned  because there unfair policy is Designed so they can cheat you when you become a part time guard even after you worked the years and years  it takes to get it. I am now going on 25 years and by there unfair policy rules  have been cheated out of 2 years of my vacation... That I've earned by there same policy.

How can a company make a policy where you have to work 1 year to get 1 week of vacation and 5 years to get the 2nd week of vacation and 10 years to get the 3rd week and in the same policy take it away from you. I have not been paid for vacation I all ready earned for the last 2 years. If a  company makes you work the YEARS to earn it... Then you've EARNED IT...  IT'S YOURS you've paid the price in years of FAITHFUL SERVICE  for it. But Securitas inc.  don't see it that way and thinks because they doctor up the policy they have the right to cheat you out of SOMETHING YOU HAVE ALL READY WORKED THE YEARS TO EARN. I have complained to the company since 2009 and all they do is refer me to there guard Hand Book.

There unfair policy should be changed.

How can a company make you work the years it takes to earn the vacation then once you've done that according to the same  policy, take it away from you saying after 23+ years at full time  you don't get it now that you are part time. I want everyone to know how unfair Securitas is and...  in my opinion How cheap they are using this excuse to do this to me a faithful Employee of 24 years now going on 25 years. Company's like Securitas inc. should not be aloud to do this and stop doing there employees wrong because of there unfair policy and start doing  what is FAIR and Right.

There policy says: Eligible Employees Will Be Paid Vacation Pay In Accordance With The Terms Of Securitas USA Vacation Pay Policy.

That same policy MAKES you earn it by working the meany years it takes  to get it so how can they have the right to take it away after you earned it working the years it took to get. Working them years is not easy and for some company to take it away because of there WORDING in there policy... Well that's Directly Designed and worded so the Employee is the one that gets SCREWED. This policy should be changed so employees don't  loose what they have all ready earned and can keep there vacation pay after it has been earned its something that a employee works HARD FOR  to get over meany years, And for a company to take it away that just shows how little a company feels about its EMPLOYEE'S. I have been fighting this  since 2009 and will CONTINUE  to Engage In A Battle for what is Rightfully MINE I've EARNED IT And DON'T YOU

FORGET IT

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 06:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Securitas-inc/internet/Securitas-inc-Cheated-out-of-vacation-pay-Internet-848758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Securitas inc.

I think I might understand

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

The issue here seems to be that you are now a part time employee. I don't know the policy of your company since you did not post it, so I can only go by other companies I have worked for. Normally most companies require you to be a full time employee to recieve vacation benefits. So if you went back to full time for this company you would see your vacation benefits restored. Since you work part time, you no longer qualify for vacation benefits. Even if they did give you benefits, how much do they pay you? When you are full time, its easy to figure out. At part time, do they pay you 20 hours for the week of vacation? 15? etc. Without you posting your exact vacation policy from your employee handbook we can't help you.

Also, employers are not bound to even offer you vacation time. They can take it away as they see fit unless you have some sort of union contract or employment contract.

#2 General Comment

What are the vacation pay policies?

AUTHOR: Kilrath - (United States of America)

You tell us that Securitas will pay you vacation in accordance to their vacation pay policies but then you never supply the policy.

To make a real informed decision i would need to see the policy but i have a feeling that there is a clause in the policy that states there is no back pay on vacation that you don't/didn't use.