necessity

Security Exchange Commission
, Florida United States of America

Security Exchange Commission Lisa Smith Ripped off $7,000. Florida

*General Comment: I'm curious

*Consumer Comment: Need I Really State the Obvious?

*Consumer Comment: Very common scam.

Approximately 4 months ago I received a call from Lisa Smith saying she worked for the Security and Exchange Commission and that I was the 2nd place winner in the "Las Vegas Mega Summer Giveaway Sweepstakes" and that I won $450,000. and need to contact HCC Global Financial and speak to a Mr. Glen Stuart in order to receive my prize.  Contacted Mr. Stuart at 18003086583 and he told me in order to secure the contents of the package which contained $300,000. cash, $150,000. certified check, tax documents and a final check for bond reimbursement (which he stated was 1% of award winnings.

I told him that I didn't have that kind of money and he asked if I could send a $1,000. and he would try to get a grant for the rest.  He asked this money be deposited at Bank of America into acct. number 004778445304.  Once done I called him and told him that it was done.  He said that I had to send monies to financial officers in Costa Rica.  This has gone on for almost 4 months and $7,000 of my money later still have not received anything.

This was suppose to be investigated by two attorneys working for HCC Global by the name of Gordon Beck and Patrick Driscoll at 12025584606.  The supposeably CEO of HCC Global David Cooper has also been sending me emails on this matter.

As of yesterday, December 5, 2011, the package is supposeably with Brinks, a person by the name of Robert Hawkins at 14343224204, and is asking for $990.00 more for the update of legal papers then is suppose to be delivered to my bank of choice. Today, no one has called me and I can not get a hold of Lisa Smith or Robert Hawkins.  I want the money I put into this back.  I am in a big financial crisis now due to this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2011 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Security-Exchange-Commission/-Florida-/Security-Exchange-Commission-Lisa-Smith-Ripped-off-7000-Florida-805610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Security Exchange Commission

#1 General Comment

I'm curious

AUTHOR: Christiana - (U.S.A.)

I'm confused.  Are you saying that you have sent these people 7 thousand dollars?  You won a sweepstake's but you have continued to send someone else money.  Seven grand?  Please correct me if I am wrong, but either way you will never see any amount you did send again.  You have been scammed big time.

Need I Really State the Obvious?

AUTHOR: James MK - (USA)

Need I really state this? Let it be known that neither the SEC nor any other government regulating body or agency is in the business of awarding sweepstake prizes. I have heard of scammers posing as all sorts of things but the SEC... that's a new one to me. Odd choice considering that most people would think it makes no sense right from the bat. What next, the IRS?

Very common scam.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Do you remember entering the "Las Vegas mega Summer Giveaway Sweepstakes"?   I would wager that you don't because it doesn't exist.     People do not win half a million dollars in contests that they did not enter.    It was just a ploy to get you to send money to scammers.   The names of the people you dealt with are phony.  There is no package of money being held by Brinks.  There are no attorneys investigating the matter.   All of these things are just stories that they made up.

The only reason that they are still communicating with you is that they hope you can be talked into sending them even more money that you'll never see again.