Complaint Review: Security National Automotive Acceptence

• Submitted: Tue, October 22, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, September 18, 2008

• Reported By:camp lejeune nc
Security National Automotive Acceptence
6951 Cintas Blvd. Mason, Ohio U.S.A.

Security National Automotive Acceptence ripoff paying way to much doesnt reduce any dishonest ripoffs dirty SOB's ripoff to US Army Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act of 1940 Mason Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: SNAAC Rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: Just Another Example of Killeen Salesman

*Consumer Comment: Documentation helps

*Consumer Suggestion: GUYS LIKE ERIK ARE THE REASON YOU DON'T BUY CARS IN MILITARY TOWNS - SGT US ARMY

*Consumer Suggestion: NOT TRUE

*Consumer Comment: ACTUALLY THEY DO

*Consumer Suggestion: Do they have to?

I bought a car at 22% and its been a year and they wont reduce or take my car because im going on deployment.

josh
camp lejeune, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2002 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Security-National-Automotive-Acceptence/Mason-Ohio-45040/Security-National-Automotive-Acceptence-ripoff-paying-way-to-much-doesnt-reduce-any-dishon-33165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Security National Automotive Acceptence

SNAAC Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Snaac - (U.S.A.)

Security National is one of the most respected auto finance companies in the industry. We regret any situation in which one of our customers is unsatisfied with their car buying and financing experience. Many of the challenging experiences our customers may complain about relate to the selling auto dealership, which we can not resolve. Please note that many inaccuracies may exist in the comments made on this site. This site does not confirm the accuracy of any of the information posted. Likewise, anyone, including Security National competitors may post fictitious complaints. We encourage our customers to visit http://www.snaac.com/ripoffreport.aspx to utilize our dispute resolution process or to better understand our role in their credit transactions.

Just Another Example of Killeen Salesman

AUTHOR: Jacob - (U.S.A.)

I was stationed at Fort Hood with HHC 1/8 CAV 1 CD. There was a young soldier in our platoon that bought a car from one of the local used car dealers. Not a very suprising thing till you factor into the story that this soldier did not even have a valid drivers license. Fortunately this fact allowed our platoon SGT to get him out of the contract. The saddest part however was that this soldier was taken to the lot by one of the platoon's NCO's an E-5 that later got booted out for drugs, and then murdered two people in Killeen.

Also I have personal experience with SNAA. I purchased a car from Drive One in Killeen, TX. I was financed by SNAA. I had the car for more than two years and never missed a payment. In OCT 2003 the car died and needed several thousand dollars of repair work. I called SNAA and told them of the situation and asked if the cost of the repairs could be added to the loan. I was told no. I asked if they could reduce the amount owed on the vehicle so that I could trade it in without having to put down several thousand dollars. Once again the answer was no. So much for concern for the customer. Well a couple days ago I get a letter from them saying I owe them $6,500, and I need to contact them. I call them trying to make arragnments and was told paid in full or we sue. Well won't they be suprised when they get the letter from my bankruptcy lawyer.

Ha Ha Ha Frank Lopez you worm. You won't get a dime from me.

Documentation helps

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

I had the same problem with my bank when I deployed for OIF, so, I sent them a copy of the act. They lowered my rate to 6% like they were supposed to. They sure were quick to hike it back up to 13% when I got back.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: THERREN - (U.S.A.)

Erik, you're either a novice salesman or a crook. I know d**n well you're not a competent attorney. Insults aside, the law in question is the Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act of 1940. In certain cases, soldiers called to active duty and/or deployed can request in writing an interest rate reduction to 6%. However, it'sw not automatic, and the debts in question have to be before you entered active duty. But who knows, maybe they'll do it anyway. It's worth a shot. This rule can also reduce debt on many other things, as well as prevent eviction or foreclosure, and delay legal proceedings. If you meet the requirements, you can get it done. And anyone else who says otherwise is lying. I hope this helps.

Warmest regards, SGT Therren Dunham - US Army

P.S. To Erik, and to all the fine used car dealers in the Fort Hood area, from every soldier past and present in 1st Cav, 3d ID, and III Corps...F*&K YOU!!

#5 Consumer Suggestion

NOT TRUE

AUTHOR: ERIK - (U.S.A.)

I AM A FINANCE MGR AT A CAR DEALERSHIP. tHERE IS NO LAW IN EXISTENCE ANYWHERE THAT STATES THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU GET EMPLOYED THAT A FINANCE COMPANY MUST LOWER THE INTEREST RATE. I AM AT A MILITARY BASE WITH OVER 60,000 SOLDIERS AND THATS ALL I DEAL WITH. WHATEVER THE CONTRACT STATES IS WHAT IT STATES. NO EXCEPTIONS! YOU SIGNED IT YOU LIVE WITH IT.

ACTUALLY THEY DO

AUTHOR: A - ()

THE BANK IS REQUIRED TO REDUCE YOUR RATE TO 6% REGUARDLESS OF CREDIT IN ANY ACT OF DEPLOYMENT. CONTACT YOUR IG FOR HELP...

ALAN, IT MIGHT HELP TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU START RUNNING YOU MOUTH.

FOR YOUR INFO IT IS REQUIRED TO REDUCE THE RATE ON ALL LOANS, NOT JUST CARS AND HOUSES, BUT CREDIT CARDS AND PERSONAL LOANS AS WELL.

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Do they have to?

AUTHOR: Alan - ()

Does it say anywhere in your contract that you have to reduce your interest or take the vehicle back after a certain time?

Perhaps you should look into refinancing the vehicle at YOUR bank or credit union, or selling the vehicle.

You are asking them to GIVE you money by lowering an interest that you have already agreed to.

Good Luck