Complaint Review: Security Networks, Tri-State Alarm, SNTS, LLC

• Submitted: Sun, August 03, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, December 15, 2012

• Reported By:Durham North Carolina
Security Networks, Tri-State Alarm, SNTS, LLC
370 Reed Road, Suite 110 Broomall, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Security Networks, Tri-State Alarm, SNTS, LLC Very Unethical Broomall Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: asleep on the job

They will deceive you. I had a contract with Security Networks, LLC to provide service to me from May 2006 to May 2009. I have a Primary Wireless Alarm System. I received a letter in Jan 2008 that I needed to upgrade my Analog Alarm system to digital communicator because of a FCC Sunset Clause, of which I had no knowledge of. Security Networks notified me in January 2008 that my system would not work without an upgrade due to FCC requirements of the Sunset Clause.

This company has known since 2002 that due to FCC changing to digital that my Analog Alarm System would not work. They deceived me as a customer acting as if they just found out my Analog Alarm System needed an upgrade. They failed to upgrade my system because they also failed to tell me that my Analog Alarm System is not upgradeable and will be obsolete. They tried to get me to get a landline in my house that would cost me $25.00 dollars extra per month to make their alarm system work.

They told me whether or not I get service or not I still have to pay them. They also said if I want a discount to help with my 25.00 extra fees per month that I would have to sign a new 3 year contract with them. I no longer have any service provided,as of April 20, 2008, and I stopped paying them in May 2008 because I don't have any service. They say they made every reasonable effort, but its only in their favor.

I am the only one incurring any cost. I don't want to sign another contract with them because of their deceptive practices. Consumers beware they have a total of 111 complaints on the BBB website for Florida where their Headquarters is located. I have filed many complaints. I truly hope the lawmakers take notice and don't allow or support such unethical practices from anycompany.

Jennifer
Durham, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2008 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Security-Networks-Tri-State-Alarm-SNTS-LLC/Broomall-Pennsylvania-19008/Security-Networks-Tri-State-Alarm-SNTS-LLC-Very-Unethical-Broomall-Pennsylvania-358727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Security Networks, Tri-State Alarm, SNTS, LLC

asleep on the job

AUTHOR: Fedup - (U.S.A.)

last year while on a trip to the florida keys, we visited the 'guarded' and 'secured' area where military ships are kept. Granted, this may not seem worth 'guarding' to some people, but as we exited the site I snapped a pic of the guard in his van sleeping . yes, sleeping.

It sure doesn't look like a cat nap either. We actually parked in front of him and i had plenty of time to focus.

the phone number and company name proudly announced. reminiscing the trip, i saw the photo again and googled the number. I'm sure it takes some effort to sit in a van with the salty breeze, but boredom aside, I wouldn't want to pay for this particular service.