Complaint Review: Security Networks

• Submitted: Fri, March 08, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, March 08, 2013

• Reported By: Joe — Belton Texas U.S.A.
Security Networks
3223 Commerce Place, Suite 101 West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

Security Networks Will not let me cancel after being with company for 4 years West Palm Beach, Florida

*Consumer Comment: You're in a contract

I signed a contract with the company sales rep on 27 February 2009.  Today, 8 March 2013, I called to cancel.  The customer service rep told me that I had 23 more months to go on my contract and I would have to pay $516 to cancel the contract.  I told her that I only had a 3 year contract.  She said yes, that is correct, and after the 3 years was up, the company automatically renewed my contract again, for another 3 years.  She said I will still be charged $45.95 a month until I pay the additional $516.  This is a total ripoff.  The company did not do anything more to warrant the additional $516.  I will not pay the $516, or the $45.95 monthly.  I told the rep, that as of March 8, 2013, I have cancelled the contract and the company will not receive another penny from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2013 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Security-Networks/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33407/Security-Networks-Will-not-let-me-cancel-after-being-with-company-for-4-years-West-Palm-B-1025787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Security Networks

You're in a contract

AUTHOR: InformYourself - ()

When you sign a contract, did you think you could just cancel at any time? Since when does the consumer never bear any responsibility for his actions? You can't just decide to cancel your cell phone, tv, or lease on a vehicle if you don't want it and expect not to have any penalties, then why not the alarm?