Complaint Review: Security Shield

• Updated: Sat, November 03, 2012

• Reported By: Ruthie — Mercer Island Washington United States of America
Security Shield

Security Shield Security Shield held my computer hostage. Internet

Security Shield took over my computer.  I couldn't get rid of it, nor could I get to any other website.  They wanted me to pay $80 and sign up for their security system.  I was not about to pay hostage money to those pirates.

I was able to go to my Control Panel and get to the Recovery and Open System Restore, which brings up "Restore computer to earlier point of time".  I rolled the computer back to several days before these pirates captured my computer and the virus was gone.

I don't understand why any of these people who have reported this RipOff paid ransom money.  That just encourages them to continue stealing.

I also sent a report to my state's Consumer Protection office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2012 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Security-Shield/internet/Security-Shield-Security-Shield-held-my-computer-hostage-Internet-964320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Security Shield