Complaint Review: Security Stronghold

• Reported By:Garland Texas
Security Stronghold
http://securitystronghold.com Internet Russian Federation

Security Stronghold Anti Virus Software does not work ripoff Internet

When I purchased online downloadable software from Security Stronghold it was because their free trail of their Anti-Virus software told me that I had a virus on my computer. In order to eradicate that virus you had to upgrade to their paid version. Once I did so their paid version no longer found that I had any viruses on my computer, but other software I use to scan for viruses shows that that same virus is still there.

I wrote to them and explained my situation and requested a refund. When I wrote to them I noticed that they did not have a phone number on their website and now I know why. They are based out of Russia. They told me they would not refund my money and accused me of being a thief in their emails. We went back and forth several times until they told me they were having their legal department contact me. The legal department sent me emails, the spelling was atrocious, and never signed the emails with a name, just LEGAL DEPT.

So if you are looking for software that goes after viruses stick with Norton. Security Stronghold says they are now giving me back my money, but they insisted that I tell them who my card issuing bank is so they could check my chargeback history. I did not provide them with that info, but got an email from them later on claiming that they spoke to my bank and that the bank verified I don't have a chargeback history. That is in violation of privacy laws in the US and my bank assured me that they have never heard from these people.

Toni
Garland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2006 05:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Security-Stronghold/internet/Security-Stronghold-Anti-Virus-Software-does-not-work-ripoff-Internet-173172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Security Stronghold