Complaint Review: Securus Correctional Billing Services

Securus Correctional Billing Services
P.O Box 650757 Internet United States of America

Securus Correctional Billing Services Deceptive, Fraud, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Wondering

Securus Correctional Billing Services deceptive about fee's they charge. They tell you one thing and charge you way more. I sent them $85 and received 3 calls for January. I called Feb 13 to check my account. It said I was -$18. They sent a bill in the mail stating that I  owed$4.63. I put $50 in feb 14. I received 3 calls.1 was for 10 min($4.30) the 2 other calls were 15 min each($6.45 each 15min) I checked my balance. it said I had $10 left. That means I used $17.25 of my $50. Somewhere I missed a bunch of money.

I called them up and they told me that $42.61 was forwarded to the previous billing cycle and that I owed $34.14. I told them this was not right. But got no anwser as to why I was charged that amount. I asked them what are the charges. They only told me I am being charged $6.45 a min. They do not anwser as to what other fee's they charge. I closed my account with $2.76. They sent $2.76 to my account. Then I get a bill in the mail for $2.49 for bill processing fee. This company has done this to my Mom as well. I really want to stop this company from ripping people off who are trying to contact love ones. Also from hiding outrageous fee's without them telling you up front.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2011 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Securus-Correctional-Billing-Services/internet/Securus-Correctional-Billing-Services-Deceptive-Fraud-Internet-702640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Securus Correctional Billing Services

Wondering

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

I have never known anyone to be in jail overnight let alone is prison.  Reading that site though. Have you looked at the call records on the bill? You might be paying but your inmate might be calling everyone else.

Or how long did you talk? At $6.45 a minute, your $85 payment would be gone in 14 minutes.