Complaint Review: Securustech

• Reported By: AngryWife — Albia Iowa
Securustech
Internet USA

Securustech Rip off with no refund Internet

After talking with my husband several times and having our calls "terminated" due to third party calls I decided to contact securustech and see what they could do for their mistakes. Attached is a copy of my conversation....

Chanta: Thank you for contacting Securus Correctional Billing Services.  My name is Chanta. How may I help you?

Chanta: I will be happy to assist you with local calls.
 Shannon: I am trying to find out why your company keeps terminating my phone calls with my husband saying I am making third party calls when I am not
 Chanta: Your calls may be disconnected if a call violation is detected. To avoid being disconnected do not:

Transfer the call
Use call waiting
Put the call on hold
Press any button on the key pad
Use call forwarding
Conference another person on the phone
Make a 3-way call
Use a cordless phone
Cell phone usage is not guaranteed
Speaker phone
Calltones
Ringtones
Loud background noise
Static
 Shannon: I pay your company to talk with my husband and when I keep getting cut off it becomes irritating
 Chanta: I understand and I apologize but our system is disconnecting due to something third party.
 Chanta: Do you have a need for further assistance?  If no response is received within 30 seconds, this chat session will end.
 Shannon: I need more information on this
 Shannon: There is no third party calls being done so why does your company keep disconnecting my calls?
 Shannon: ???
 Chanta: Please allow me 1-2 minutes.
 Chanta: We cannot guarantee the quality of calls when using a cell phone.  Our systems are sensitive to noise interferences that cell phone sometimes emit.  We strongly recommend using a landline when possible to ensure your calls stay connected.
 Shannon: it does the same thing on the landline
 Chanta: You do not have a land line on your account.
 Shannon: not anymore
 Shannon: i did
 Chanta: I understand.  I would suggest for you to take the calls in a quiet location when the inmate calls  you but we cannot credit the calls.
 Shannon: so what your telling me is that I am paying your company to talk with my husband and your screw up are my fault...
 Shannon: Why do I pay your company if I am just going to be ripped off?!?
 Chanta: I understand that you are upset and I apologize but we cannot credit the calls.
 Shannon: so i will just keep getting ripped off?!?
 Chanta: I would suggest to use a land line to receive calls or talk in a quiet place.
 Chanta: Thank you for contacting Securus Correctional Billing Services. I hope that I have addressed all of your needs.

Don't forget to check out our new payment programs AutoPay and TextPay by clicking the banner at the top of the page. We are offering an incentive for a limited time if you sign up for AutoPay or TextPay and fund your account, you will receive a $1.00 credit on your account. The credit will be applied to your account within 48-72 hours.
 Chanta has disconnected.

I tried to see why they were telling me I was making third party calls when I wasn't and they could not give me a clear answer. They kept saying that I needed to be in a quiet room because the background noise is considered 3rd party information. I pay this company to talk to my husband not rip me off. This company needs to be looking into and something needs to be done. Families need to talk to their loved ones and not get ripped off!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2013 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Securustech/internet/Securustech-Rip-off-with-no-refund-Internet-1065866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Securustech