Complaint Review: Sedgwick CMS

• Submitted: Wed, May 06, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 06, 2009

• Reported By:Ft Lee Virginia
Sedgwick CMS
PO Box 14663 Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

Segdwick - Sedgwick CMS Filed a Claim against DOT for Pothole Denied!! Lexington Kentucky

I filed a claim around 14 March 2009 against the Department of Transportation in Richmond county VA. for damages that was caused to my 2008 Nissan Altima, in which they turned it over to Sedgwick CMS whom handles issues on their behalf.

While leaving a concert in Richmond, VA. I was heading teward I-95 West and passed the exit and had to cross the over path to turn around speed was somewhere between 15-20 MPH and hit a pothole that istantly bent both rims and blew out my front tire.

The pothole looked as if it had been there for a while, took photos of the hole and my rim, sent all data in being precise as possible. My daughter had to ride around with a donut spare for 3 weeks and finally I had minor repairs done so she could contiue to drive without being scared.

Called USAA insurance to come out to change the flat tire. VA. had a sustantial amount of rain that week in which I felt they where going to make the repairs which could range from $800-1200.

After weeks of waiting for a response, I finally called them and fially I received the answer; we have completed our investigation and cannot find any negligence on behalf of the city or any of its employees to have caused this incident.

The city had no notice of this pothole until after your loss. No calls, complaints or reports of damages were made until your call concerning this road condition. Once notified, repairs were made in a timely manner.

We cannot offer any voluntary payments against this claim. The way I took this was sorry for your loss and we're glad you used precautions and there wasn't any loss to limbs or life... Good luck!!!

Ft Lee, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2009 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sedgwick-CMS/Lexington-Kentucky-40512/Segdwick-Sedgwick-CMS-Filed-a-Claim-against-DOT-for-Pothole-Denied-Lexington-Kentucky-449367. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sedgwick CMS