Complaint Review: Sedgwick Claims Management

• Updated: Fri, August 16, 2013

• Reported By: InPainallthetime — Oceanside California
Sedgwick Claims Management
P.O. Box 14423, Lexington, KY 40512 , Select State/Province USA

Sedgwick Claims Management Another victim of Sedgwick Claims Management Lexington KY

After severe back injury at work, my case is being handled by Sedgwick Claims Management. Over the past several years, I've had to fight just to get some medications authorized; to get recommended injections and treatments from my doctor.

Sedgwick denies these claims saying that there is no sign of 'distress' though I am in severe pain 24/7. I know my doctor has not told them there is no problem....they are making this up with absolutely no basis in fact.

Doctor recently asked them to authorize an MRI because of sharp increase in pain and weakness in my lower extremities. In thier letter of denial of authorization, they stated, "clinical examination confims that she is not in acute distress." I have NO IDEA where that came from. I have not seen any other doctor. they have not even bothered to ask me about what I am feeling. In fact, I recently had conversation with my "claims representative", Leslie D., telling her that I was experiencing a sharp increase in pain levels and sometimes have problems just performing normal activities of living such as simple, light housework because of increased weakness in my arms and legs. I've had TWOo spinal surgeries as a result of this injury. The first surgery was botched by a surgeon who wrote lies on the operative report - which resulted in further injury to nerve roots and delays in corrective surgery. (He is no longer  a doctor in CA where I live!)

Sedgwick lies to claimants, pulls "data" out of the air - and totally ignores the statements and reports of the doctors who are treating patients. I've recently heard of a patient who died as a result of Sedwick refusal to authorize treatment in a timely manner.

Are there any Class Action Lawsuits against this criminal enterprise? They are causing further injury (and in some cases worse!) of claimants.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sedgwick-Claims-Management/Select-StateProvince/Sedgwick-Claims-Management-Another-victim-of-Sedgwick-Claims-Management-Lexington-KY-1076442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sedgwick Claims Management