Complaint Review: Sedgwick

• Updated: Wed, May 01, 2013

• Reported By: MrsPMan — Escondido California
Sedgwick
Internet USA

Sedgwick This pregnancy has been a nightmare thanks to Sedgwick Minneapolis, Carlsbad, Iowa Internet

This pregnancy has been a nightmare thanks to Sedgwick. In the first 3 months of my pregnancy I suffered with Hyperemesis Gravidarum and was hospitalized 3 times due to it. in the 3 months of being off work I was notified twice by Sedgwick that claim was denied due to insufficient medical evidence to support the claim. Apparently my "specialist" was trained as a medical professional as well and was fully capable of making medical judgement on my behalf.

Fast forward 6 months. In the state of CA you are allowed to take off of work 4 weeks prior to your scheduled due date. I took off and applied for disability at 37 weeka being that I was already starting to dilate and having contractions. I was first told by my new "specialist" Jessie that I would be unable to untilize the 20% employee disability by up being that there is no medical evidence to support me not working.

These people are simply crooks hired by companies to ensure that their employees are frustrate into returning back to work. I have filed 3 complaints with my HR department and the only thing they have done is have a Sedgwick supervisor apologize. I understand people take advantage of disability but these people act is if though everyone is out to scam their company! NO ONE should have to deal with this amount of stress when ill!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2013 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sedgwick/internet/Sedgwick-This-pregnancy-has-been-a-nightmare-thanks-to-Sedgwick-Minneapolis-Carlsbad-I-1047751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sedgwick