Complaint Review: Sedona Pines Resort - Spirit Incentives - Gold Canyon Ranch

• Submitted: Tue, March 07, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, March 07, 2006

• Reported By:Sun City West Arizona
Sedona Pines Resort - Spirit Incentives - Gold Canyon Ranch
2455 E. Sunrise Blvd-Mezzanine Ft. Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Sedona Pines Resort - Spirit Incentives - Gold Canyon Ranch scam to buy timeshare, no free anything, tried get vacation 4 over a year by phone & mail, ripoff Ft. Lauderdale Florida

I bought a timeshare at Sedona Pines Resort in May 05. I was to receive a free vacation to Las Vegas. I started in good faith sending cards back to Spirit Incentives to request dates. All I ever got was they weren't available.

Finally, after many months of cards back & forth I called them and scheduled through one of their reps on the phone, thinking all okay. When my first requested date was almost here, I received another card saying that date wasn't available.

Since this has happened numerous times before, I called Sedona Pines Resort and spoke to Diane Laws. She said they had a lot of trouble with this company and would look into it. I haven't heard back from her yet.

I have spent so much of my time on this issue that I finally called Spirit Incentives to get my $50.00 "deposit" back and was totally surprised to hear that I did qualify to get my money back and actually got it.

I know this is not a fluke since I also had a free trip to Puerto Penasco for going to a time share presentation with Gold Canyon Ranch in Mesa but did not buy from them. Needless to say, I'm not going to Mexico either.

I wish something can be done about this. We're constantly getting calls to attend their timeshare presentations with promises and certificates that are absolutely no good. This is a great scam. I would rather not be lied to and taken advantage of. I see there are many more complaints against this company.

Sun City, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2006 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sedona-Pines-Resort-Spirit-Incentives-Gold-Canyon-Ranch/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33304/Sedona-Pines-Resort-Spirit-Incentives-Gold-Canyon-Ranch-scam-to-buy-timeshare-no-free-179844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sedona Pines Resort - Spirit Incentives - Gold Canyon Ranch