• Report: #191445

• Submitted: Sun, May 14, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, May 14, 2006

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Sedona Pines Resort
6701 West Hwy 89A Sedona, Arizona U.S.A.
  • Phone: 928-282-6640
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Sedona Pines Resort lying cheats who rip you off DO NOT BUY Ripoff Sedona Arizona

Since December 2, 2001 we've had our Sedona Pines Resort RCI Points Time Share. We received an additional two bonus weeks as an "incentive" to purchase.

Since then we've tried to use the service numerous times, not once have we been able to redeem any of our points.

The most interesting of these attempts was once I called to use my points in Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) Mexico. I called to see if they had any rooms available and of course they did not. Then on a hunch I called the actual resort myself, of course we weren't able to use our points. The receptionist for the resort said "we have plenty of rooms available, I don't know why they would say that." That was when my red flag went straight up!

When purchasing the timeshare in question we were told that if we were a traveling couple we could recoup our costs on travel within months. And if the program worked as promised then that would be true. My travel needs have been quite extensive since becoming an owner of Sedona Pines RCI points.

During our initial encounter with the Sedona Pines the sales rep went over the steps it takes to reserve a resort, he spoke of choosing vacation destinations such as Hawaii, Europe, and New Orleans. I was given bonus weeks as I mentioned earlier. These bonus weeks were only good for one year, and they can only be redeemed if you were to book your trip a month or sooner in advance. As a Sedona Pines owner rebutted in one of the other post, they would rather we not use our points for the first two years! So we obviously were never able to redeem them. They gave us two as though they were really doing us a favor.

The point is I've tried multiple times to use my vacation time. I feel I was lied to, misguided and taken advantage of. And to anyone thinking of buying properties at this glorified trailer park, DO NOT BUY HERE, YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2006 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sedona-Pines-Resort/Sedona-Arizona-86336/Sedona-Pines-Resort-lying-cheats-who-rip-you-off-DO-NOT-BUY-Ripoff-Sedona-Arizona-191445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sedona Pines Resort