Complaint Review: Sedona Realty

• Updated: Thu, March 14, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — fitchburg Massachusetts United States of America
Sedona Realty
wentworth ave lowell, Massachusetts United States of America

Sedona Realty Joe Rizzari, Mike O'Conner Slum lord. worst landlords ever lowell, Massachusetts

I have rented an apartment from sedona realty with the expectation that if I had any issues the landlord would work with me to correct them. Boy was I wrong!! I will NEVER recomend sedona realty to anyone, not even my worst enemy.

It all started when I moved in. It was september and my heat (which I am paying for) was ALWAYS on. I could turn the thermostat completly off and the heat would still be on full blast. I called my land lord atleast once a week and left voicemails stating I had a problem with my heat. My phone calls were never returned. Everytime I saw the maintenance guy I would tell him we were having heat issues ( I have 3 small children under5). Once it got cold out all of a sudden I had no heat. Again I repeatedly called the landlord with no response. Finally in january ( after 4 months of heat issues and unanswered calls to the landlord) a plumber finally showed up. He replaced the circulater pump and adjusted the temp on the boiler and hot water tank. [continued below]....
..... Everything worked good for about a day..... then all of a sudden no heat again. So yes I called to tell the landlord and again no answer. After about a month the maintenance guy came back and informed me that one of the tenants in the building was gaining access to the basement through my private locked hallway and turning off peoples heat. I was told they knew who was doing it but that nothing would be done to fix the problem.

I also have a 2'3' hole cut in my bathroom wall that they have not fixed. My kitchen floor was ripping up when I moved in and I was told if I want it fixed I would need to go and buy all the supplies out of my pocket and replace the floor myself. I called the board of health about my heat issue and the inspector was disgusted by the condition my apartment was rented out in.

Tenants on the third floor of my building have dogs and allow their dogs to use the porch as a bathroom. There is now dog urine and feces all over the common areas (ie parking lot, stairs, all porches on secong and first floor) again the landlord was made aware and refused to resolve the issue.

There has also been damage done to tenants vehicles ie brake lines cut, tires slashed, cars hit and the landlord was made aware. A police report was also filed. Landlord refused to put any kind of light in the parking lot after tenant request.

We have had issues with a tenant stealing mail and myself plus other tenants have repeatedly asked for our mailboxes to be locked but that again never happened.

Snow removal is a joke as well. When I moved in I was told the landlord would have a plow to do the parking area. That happened once when we got about 3" of snow. When we got the blizzard we needed to call repeatdly to get a plow out here.

We also have fleas in our building to which the landlord has been made aware of on multiple occasions and has not even come to asses the problem. This has been going on for about 3 weeks.

Our building has 4 different front doors and all 4 open with the same key therefore any tenant can access any ones personal belongings. I have mentioned this problem to maintanence multiple time but still nothing has happened.

Landlorad has also been combative towards other tenants. I have heard him actually curse at a tenant and tell that person he thinks they are mentally crazy. Also landlord discusses tenants personal information with other tenants.

I have been more the dissatisfied with sedona realty and their properties. They are very rude and unprofessional. I have been calling my landlord for 6 months and have never once got a phone call back. I would NEVER reccomend sedona realty to ANYONE. They buy buildings that are falling apart and then rent them out and refuse to fix any problems. They also put ads on craigslist for available apartments but the pictures they use are not even from the same building.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2013 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sedona-Realty/lowell-Massachusetts-/Sedona-Realty-Joe-Rizzari-Mike-OConner-Slum-lord-worst-landlords-ever-lowell-Massachus-1028574. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sedona Realty