Complaint Review: Selbiz

Selbiz
223 West Anderson Lane #B507 Austin, Texas United States of America

Selbiz will rip you off Austin, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Anonymous complain with a fictitious Story

*Consumer Comment: Sel Biz IS a RIP OFF!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: fabricated complain

My husband and I signed a 2 month contract for $1000, $500 up front and the rest at the end of the contract. We sent them a check on the day our contract ended, no problem. Then almost one month later, they send us a letter claiming they have been trying to get ahold of us and that we owed them $6000 for not paying them the rest of the money owed. NOBODY tried to contact us! Not by phone, letter, email, etc. Not to mention, we already paid them. I then emailed the owner and told him that I had sent him a check on the day our contract ended, his letter must be a mistake and I attached a copy of the check I wrote and sent to him. He said he didn't care about the $500, we now owed him $6000. What a bunch of BULL****. He is nothing but a criminal trying to force people to pay money they don't owe him because he doesn't have enough business in the first place.  DO NOT HIRE THIS MAN, HE IS A CROOK.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2011 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Selbiz/Austin-Texas-78759/Selbiz-will-rip-you-off-Austin-Texas-727026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Selbiz

Anonymous complain with a fictitious Story

AUTHOR: mk - (United States of America)

The first sign of a frivolous complain is that the complainer does not mention his/hers/ names. Therefore we cannot respond properly, as we dont know or are not sure who and what this case is. What we can say:

The complainer mentioned that he/they got sued, so there is a judge and/or jury that will decide the case and the complainer will have the opportunity to present his false arguments. (we do not operate as per his/her description)

This is not a consumer complaint as the complainer is trying to portray itself.   Whoever the complainer is, he/she is a businessperson that owns the business we listed for sale. This is a business-to-business transaction as we only work with businesses.

Unfortunately businesses cannot protect themselves effectively from people like this complainer on this website. Rip Off website has no process at all. Anyone can make up and type-in a complain. It does not require to provide the complainer name; anyone can do it anonymously, as this complainer did. Once you fill out the complain form it will be published automatically on the Rip Off website.

Sel Biz IS a RIP OFF!

AUTHOR: selbizsux - (United States of America)

The person writing the rebuttal obviousley works there. I used them as well and it was an absolute nightmare for me. First of all they if you are signing with them it is because you need help, right? Well you won't get that using them, once they sign you to an extremely long and very expensive contract they fall off the face of the earth. You won't hear from them. I had to constantly call them and I ended up selling my business my own because they never produced any buyers, not one. Then they sue me for their percent! Great company huh? And consumers should definitely believe what is on the internet! How else are we as consumers going to protect each other??

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

fabricated complain

AUTHOR: mk - (United States of America)

First, let me quote from Ripoff website:
1.Ripoff Report does not guarantee that all reports are authentic or accurate.
2. Because Ripoff Report has never had the internal resources to investigate reports that a business claims
is false

Those 2 quotes  clearly indicates that anyone can file whatever they want as a claim.

NOW TO OUR RESPONSE:

SelBiz with 29 years experience in selling businesses was recommended to the couple by an attorney that was involved in a previous transaction with SelBiz. This attorney referred the couple to SelBiz.

The couple signed a one-year exclusive right to sell agreement.

SelBiz advertised the business for sale in various venues and contacted potential buyers to review the business for sale.

At a certain point the couple stopped responding to our communications. We found the business was sold, which entitled us to our commission. We have signed documents and copy of e-mails to prove all the couples claims are fabricated to avoid paying the commission.