Complaint Review: Select Comfort Bed Company

• Submitted: Sun, July 13, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 03, 2010

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Select Comfort Bed Company
6105 Trenton Lane N. 55442 Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

Select Comfort Bed Company Flat Uninflattable Bed Minneapolis Minnesota

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I have to agree with the Consumer

*Consumer Suggestion: What a Ridiculous Response by Employee

*UPDATE Employee: Your Warranty Info

After paying Close to Four Thousand Dollars in 2004, the pump has conviently gone out as the warranty has also lapsed. Requiring me to pay a prorated amount. Yet, I understood that the bed had a 10 year warranty. July 2004 to July 2008 is only a 4 year period.

A Representative for the company has admitted that the company is changing out the pump in their newer models as they have had problems with the current pumps.

Therefore I asked why I am required to pay over 2 hundred dollars for a new pump when the company is already replacing the pumps.

It just seems to me that a company that made $3,624.99 off of me would want to give me some assistance. I even paid for the bed on a cash bases by putting the whole amount on my Visa Card.

I realize that $250.00 may not sound like alot, but it is for me at this time.

Also there is an ethical responsiblity on the part of a company to treat its customers better than this.

So here I lay with a bed that is completlly flat on one half side. This makes it very unconfortable to sleep on as I tend to roll into the flat area and wake up in so much discomfort. Quite Ironic since the name of the bed is Select Comfort Bed.

It also occurs to me that other good people are out there stuck with a bad bed pump. I would really hope that this company would be required to replace the defective pumps in the older models as well as the new ones they are currently doing. Please Remember.... my Bed is only FOUR Years Old this July!! I have been having problems for the last six months, since February this year.

Perhaps if enough of us band together we can get this company to do the right moral thing which is to stand by their very expensive product. I sincerely appreciatae any and all assistance. Thank you.

Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2008 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Comfort-Bed-Company/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55442/Select-Comfort-Bed-Company-Flat-Uninflattable-Bed-Minneapolis-Minnesota-350672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Comfort Bed Company

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I have to agree with the Consumer

AUTHOR: Shawna - (United States of America)

I am a EX Select comfort employee, and after you working there for 3years, and seeing the crap that goes on, and they say they hear the voice of the consumer they really don't if consumers really knew what select comfort was about and the was there listen to calls, and hearing the crap they say agents can and can not do. I didn't buy a bed and after working there I am glad I didn't they have so many issues and I wish select comfort would come clean and tell consumers this, and sales rep need to have a copy of the warranty there in the stores and be more up front about the limited warranty part, I always wanted to waive proration when I felt it was right or due to the customer, but Nooooooo we couldn't do that. I say this I would never recommend select comfort as a job or bed anymore, and I feel sorry for my relativces that have one.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

What a Ridiculous Response by Employee

AUTHOR: tommyboy - (United States of America)

You know very well that information on warranty limits are withheld at the time of sale, and when they're not, they are purposely made difficult to find or understand. To assert that a consumer inform themselves beforehand on warranty before purchasing is a game you're playing. In some cases people won't even be given warranty information until AFTER the purchase. It is THE COMPANY'S responsibility to inform the potential buyer of all terms of the purchase, as it is the consumers responsibility to also ask questions. HOWEVER, the fact that a consumer does not ask about warranty does not give a company the right not to disclose limitations or restrictions on a presumed full coverage warranty, when said warranty is being deceptively marketed as being full coverage; similar to the deceptive marketing Select Comfort engages in on the 30 Day Return Policy that actually ends up costing the consumer around $300.

Just because a person doesn't ask does not mean Select Comfort has the right to be deceptive.

Since this post has to be constructive, how about Select Comfort stand behind their product and offer a truly free return policy?

I was hours away from buying this product, but after everything I've read online, there's no chance in hell I'm spending thousands on a company that does not stand behind its products.

Your Warranty Info

AUTHOR: Sleep Well - (U.S.A.)

I am an employee of Select Comfort and my opinion does not reflect the company.

The information on the warranty is in your owners info and also on the website. This info would help you in understanding the situation.

It would be a good idea to educate yourself about the warranty. Take the time to make an informed decision. This is big decision about something that is very important to you and your health.