• Report: #219405

• Submitted: Mon, November 06, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, November 06, 2006

• Reported By:lincolnton North Carolina
Select Comfort / Lynn Peters
6105 Trenton Lane North Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.
  • Phone: 763-551-7026
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Select Comfort - Lynn Peters discriminated against hiring me under EEOC ADA ripoff Minneapolis Minnesota

Select Comfort does there hiring through the internet only, They do this to limit who they hire because they know most mexicans etc don't or cannot use the internet.

I apply for a driver tech position they had open in charlotte nc through career builder.com and through monster.com Jenn Tourville the hiring resource manager called me and did a phone interview with me 2 days later she called and offered me the job, I excepted it, She said before I could start to work I need to have and pass a DOT physical and drug test. On there website when I applied it said I need to take a physical exam not DOT. She said I need to pass this so I can get a DOT medical card. Also there company prescreening question ask do you have proof of insurance, I think its because they have you to use your truck.

I told Jen Tourville I couldn't pass such DOT physical because im blind in one eye.
She said if I couldn't pass it than they would have to resind the offer. She said it was because its there company policy.
The regional manager called me and told me he told jen and lynn peters to go ahead and hire me as a helper because thats what he needed me for but they refused.

I ask for a reasonable accommodation since I fall under ADA they still refused. The regional manager said its not a state or federal requirement but only the companys policy, He said there trucks are small box trucks and they do not cross state lines and they do not travel no more than 70 miles from the warehouse.

Im wondering if there are employees in the same position with this company that don't have such medical card as before they applied this into there policy if so contact me.

I also believe that its only a policy they created to prevent them from hiring people with disablities which is a violation EEOC ADA. Also a violation of public policy.

Gary
lincolnton, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2006 11:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Comfort-Lynn-Peters/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55442/Select-Comfort-Lynn-Peters-discriminated-against-hiring-me-under-EEOC-ADA-ripoff-Minneap-219405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Comfort / Lynn Peters