• Report: #320018

Complaint Review: Select Comfort - Selectcomfort - Selectcomfort.com - Sleep Number Bed

• Submitted: Fri, March 21, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, July 13, 2008

• Reported By:Black Canyon City Arizona
Select Comfort - Selectcomfort - Selectcomfort.com - Sleep Number Bed
9800 59th Avenue North Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

Select Comfort - Selectcomfort - Selectcomfort.com - Sleep Number Bed Sold bed but not receive digital pressurizer - they wanted $100 more for it Minneapolis Minnesota

*UPDATE Employee: A bed is a very specific thing. Everyone likes something different.

I purchased a Select Comfort bed in 2005. I made my decision based on four sources of information they provided: the material given in their Informercial; the packet of information they mailed me; their information listed on the Internet; and information provided by the saleman who sold me the bed (at their 1-800 number).

When I received the bed I noticed it did not have an air pressure monitor (the digital readout instrument) so that I could 'SELECT' the pressure in my bed or re-adjust it based on changing need or preference. I immediately called the Select Comfort sales office and after two weeks of phone-tag the sales supervisor informed me the digital pressure readout instrument would be an additional $100 plus shipping and tax. I reminded her that none of the data they provided me ever described that I would not be able to 'select the number' for air pressure comfort in the model I purchased; inquiring of her "What was the use of paying a premium price for what was, in its current state, was nothing more than an air mattress with a pump?" I encouraged her to check further, which she later said she did, but by the time she got back the 30-day trail period was over. And still she insisted the only way I could have a 'true select comfort experience' was to buy the digital monitoring device for the additional $100.

This type of company policy/business practice is completely unacceptable; purposeful misinformation is ONLY meant to rip-off the consumers and dig ever deeper into their wallets. I will never recommend them. In fact I will discourage all I know from purchasing any merchandise from the Select Comfort company.

There are so many other types of air or gas-filled beds (including those used by hospitals (the SAT bed) for which your insurance can reimburse the cost) to choose from that I encourange all who read this to investigate ANY of these other manufacturers. Save yourself the headache.

Judy
Black Canyon City, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2008 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Comfort-Selectcomfort-Selectcomfortcom-Sleep-Number-Bed/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55442/Select-Comfort-Selectcomfort-Selectcomfortcom-Sleep-Number-Bed-Sold-bed-but-not-rec-320018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Comfort - Selectcomfort - Selectcomfort.com - Sleep Number Bed

A bed is a very specific thing. Everyone likes something different.

AUTHOR: RR - (U.S.A.)

I am an employee of Select Comfort and my opinions do not reflect the company.

A bed is a very specific thing. Everyone likes something different. By visiting a Sleep Number store you will be able to educate yourself and make an informed decision. You will find your Sleep Number, complete a pressure mapping profile, and find the bed that fits your back and budget.

The online prices and the store prices are the same. Take the time to make an informed decision and visit a store. You will also be able to see some of the options that are available. Do not buy a bed without trying it.