Complaint Review: Select Evergreen Roofing

• Updated: Wed, March 13, 2013

• Reported By: Mr.Flanagan — Richfield Minnesota United States of America
Select Evergreen Roofing
1200 Center Point Curve. St. Paul, Minnesota United States of America

Select Evergreen Roofing Select Evergreen Construction HOMEOWNERS AND SUBCONTRACTORS BEWARE THEY DONT PAY THERE SUBS!!! St. Paul, Minnesota

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: do your job better

*Consumer Comment: Joe pays fast.

I am a contractor and was doing work as a subcontractor doing siding and window installations for them. EVERY SINGLE TIME I went to get paid I got the run around for weeks on end. The last two projects I did for them they did not pay me in full. One job I was able to collect through the homeowners after i went to them and told them I was going to have to file a lien on there house. The only way this happened is that they had not made final payment to Select Evergreen. The other project I am still working with the homeowners but will most likely have to file a lien.

Every job we did for them the homeowners were not happy with the managment and specifically Joe Haas who is the owner. This man is unstable and I would stay far far away. If you are unfortunate enough to have storm damage to your house DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They dont pay there subcontractors and it will become a nightmare for you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Evergreen-Roofing/St-Paul-Minnesota-55120/Select-Evergreen-Roofing-Select-Evergreen-Construction-HOMEOWNERS-AND-SUBCONTRACTORS-BEWAR-1012198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Evergreen Roofing

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

do your job better

AUTHOR: Contractor Larry - ()

usually when people complain about getting paid, there is a problem with the job. This happened to me before and instead of crying foul, I addressed the problem that my crew created. Select Evergreen is one of the most ethical parterns I have ever worked with. If I needed the money and there was a problem, Joe would work with me and give me something so I could pay my guys. I would bet that the sub that filed this report works for another of Joe's competitiors and put him up to this in order to give him a bad name on line. Bottom line is: do what you need to do and you will get paid per the contract you signed.

Don't cut corners and do what you say you are going to do. EVERY sub has the right to refuse to do the job if they dont like what they see. This guy is just one sided cry baby that shouldn't be working as a contractor. Select Evergreen is a good and honest company - pays his bills on time. I am proud of him for holding pay on a job that had problems. Don't let this report make you think Select Evergreen is less than the best.

Joe pays fast.

AUTHOR: Jose A. - (United States of America)

My name is Jose, I have been roofing for Evergreen for 5 years now.  If you do quality work, Joe pays fast.  He provides for my family and has kept me busy.  You must do good work and make the homeowner happy.  Joe always says if the homeowner will refer Evergreen and would hire Evergreen again, after I do the roof work, then Joe will pay right away.  Joe is a good guy and if you follow his rules, and all jobs pass inspection, you will always get paid fast.  Faster than most Generals.  This guy must not of done good work.  Joe a good guy.

respective