• Report: #202779

• Submitted: Tue, July 25, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, July 25, 2006

• Reported By:Wixom Michigan
Select Portfolio Services - Fairbanks Capital
3815 Southwest Temple Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Select Portfolio Services - Fairbanks Capital ripoff Preditorial mortgage company illegal activity billing unjustified payments sent to other areas of account to look like payments were not recieved Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Get out while you still can

My mortgage was bought by Fairbanks Capital and then later I thought it was bought by Select Portfolio Services. I had no idea that Fairbanks had changed their name. Even though we were added to a class action suit that settled with Fairbanks at 10% of the bogus billings they charged us and were found at guilt, but the loophole is that they can "CAHNGE NAMES and continue to conduct bussiness." I now understand why.

The statements I received from SPS wasn't showing our payments being credited to our account. I knew they had been made, had bank statements, checks, etc., but could never get anyone with SPS to verify my payments. Of course, fees were involved, and payments became very inflated without any schedule of fees being provided to me by SPS.

Everytime I would call, I would get the run around about my payments being posted. This was just the beginning. Next, my escrow account is in the negative. I am getting letters from SPS stating I had no homeowners insurance. I faxed dec pages, had my agent fax declaration pages, sent invoices of the insurance being paid without any acknowledgement from SPS. The taxes on my home were not paid, and the county sent me a letter to notify me of unpaid property tax and the foreclosure procedure. SPS can't find the escrow funds, said the county had made a mistake but they had a solution.

All I need to do is send in the disputed amount, they will settle it, and then they will refund or credit my account. I send in $15,800.00.

The next thing I get from SPS is a notice of foreclosure. It is the first thing I had received from them, other than monthly statements. No phone calls, no nothing. While SPS was working on my escrow, they discovered I am behind on my payments, which I am not, and they intended on foreclosing on my property.

Now, understand, I am on the phone, talking to SPS and all of the representatives I speak with are now very rude, very condescending, and very blunt. They tell my now all my friends will know I don't pay my bills, etc. I even had one lady tell me, and I quote, "Sir, instead of wasting your time arguing with me, you need to be putting what little stuff you have in boxes and get out." I have never been so furious in my life.

This company needs to be stopped at all cost. Everyone should be writing to their representatives and or the attorney general. I wrote them almost 2 years ago to get help without any aid. Please contact me if there will be another suit as I want to join ASAP. My home is in jeopardy

Joe
Wixom, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2006 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Portfolio-Services-Fairbanks-Capital/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84115/Select-Portfolio-Services-Fairbanks-Capital-ripoff-Preditorial-mortgage-company-illegal-202779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Portfolio Services - Fairbanks Capital

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Penny - (U.S.A.)

Please read my post "Saved by the Bell". I'm still going through this horrible nightmare and they show my account "paid in full". While you still can, you need to refinance your house, then deal with Select Portfolio once that is done so that they can't take your property. Trust me, it won't end there, but it is at least a way to protect what you have.

There are reputable banks that will finance you even in foreclosure. Please, please don't let them take any more of your money, it will never end! If you need help, send an email to (( email redacted by ROR)) I promise you won't be sorry, he was my saving grace! They work with people like you and I to get us out of situations like this, and are very wonderful while taking care of everything. They don't treat you like a low life or a criminal like our good friends (NOT) at Select Portfolio do. I'm seeking an attorney now, if I locate one that wants to start another class action against them, I will notify you.

#2 Consumer Suggestion