Complaint Review: Select Portfolio Services

• Submitted: Mon, March 21, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, March 21, 2011

• Reported By: Tracy — Wrightsville Pennsylvania U.S.A.
Select Portfolio Services
Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

Select Portfolio Services are stealing peoples money, promising loan modifications Salt Lake City, Utah

I fell 1 month behind on my mortgage because of medical and expenses.  I called SPS, I asked them what I could do, they told me to fill out paperwork and gave me my payment amount sounded great NOT.  They said I had to pay 3mo before they could finalize my modification that they needed to set it up to take from my bank account, so I gave them my info, they gave me confirmation numbers for Feb, March and April 2011 for the modified amount which was lower than our normal payment.

They took Feb, then March now today I recieved a letter saying they couldn't get ahold of me. WRONG I am home all the time and have an answering machine and never once got a msg.  So I called the number, the man was so rude I told him what happened and he says "we changed our minds", OK now they have made me 3mo behind and tell me I have to bring it up to date asap that they have started foreclosure?  This company has stolen from me with the OTHER charges and the lies,  my mtg started out at $69,000 and today I owe them $99,000.?   I have MS and my condition is worsening stress doesn't help.  I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2011 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Portfolio-Services/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-/Select-Portfolio-Services-are-stealing-peoples-money-promising-loan-modifications-Salt-708751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Portfolio Services