Complaint Review: Select Portfolio Servicing - Fairbanks Capitol

• Submitted: Tue, December 19, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, December 19, 2006

• Reported By:Ft Worth Texas
Select Portfolio Servicing - Fairbanks Capitol
spservicing.com Salt Lake, Utah U.S.A.

Select Portfolio Servicing - Fairbanks Capitol and On And On False credit reporting ripoff Salt Lake Utah

I cant thank ya'll enough for making your comments! I thought I was the only dummy here who sat back and let these guys walk on me UNTIL........Today.

Since Fairbanks was sued and lost, and the new company took over, I thought YAY! Finally some peace, fair practice and payments posted ONTIME like they're suppose to be. Well, no such luck. I had taken note that they were still showing late and I called. Lady said 'we restructured' since the law suit. It will take a little time for things to settle down. Lovely. Ok.

I started sending my payments with return receipts (2004, 2005). PROOF I was paying (or they were getting) the money on time and things went back to normal. This is good.

Well, I went to refinance this month. Called for a payoff and she said I had 1 late payment for november and that was IT for the past year or so. Great news!
New lender looks, says yep, just 1, but, theres a bunch from 2004 and 2005 with a gap) lets get it blah blah done and we'll do a final when we finish.

I call and demand they make the corrections (SPS), telling them I have proof payments were sent on time, etc. She says '5 days and we'll send you confirmation or whatever'. Great. This never came.

Well...today, they run the report and guess what? A NEW MARK from Feb 2006 has been posted. 10 months later??? It says I was more than 30 days late. So I pull bank statements, the works and not only were they ONTIME, they were EARLY!!
So we check deeper and find some discrepancies and realize this new one was JUST posted, not overlooked by us...and all since they find I want out from under their thumb? ODD.

Im fighting this tooth and nail. I went to their website (www.spservicing.com) and pulled my own file showing the payment history, that they were indeed on time, and the ONE November late, was in suspense since some idiot didnt know how or where to post it.

My loan officer is going with that printout to the credit bureaus, along with my banking proof to get this fixed since SPS clearly doesn't want to lose my interest of 11.25%. I also filed a complaint with the FTC - Federal Trade Commission (877-382-4357, option 1, 4, 1 then 0) and the better business bureau. Check their report out with THEM! Oh lordy!

I will be getting the help that I need to get this credit issue handled and restore my name and hard work. I worked like a dog to make sure that I never fell behind on payments so they couldnt slam me again with penalties, lates, credit marks, that weird 'drive by servicer', the works. I am LIVID that they've managed to find a way to do it anyways and get away with it. Hahaha! Not this time! This lil gal aint gonna lay down and play dead again. This house is all I have and I'll be danged if Im going to let them jack me over!

CALL the FTC and get your stuff taken care of!! Get these idiots out of business! If I had the money, I'd sue them for this but...we all know how that goes.

Good luck!

Leslie
Ft Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2006 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Portfolio-Servicing-Fairbanks-Capitol/Salt-Lake-Utah/Select-Portfolio-Servicing-Fairbanks-Capitol-and-On-And-On-False-credit-reporting-ripoff-226266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Portfolio Servicing - Fairbanks Capitol