Complaint Review: Select Portfolio Servicing

• Submitted: Tue, August 17, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, August 23, 2004

• Reported By:Mobile Alabama
Select Portfolio Servicing
PO Box 551170 Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Select Portfolio Servicing ripoff, fraudulent billing, foreclousre Jacksonville Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Foreclosure Timelines

I was one of the receipants to a law suit filled against the co. Fairbanks Capital for fraudulent billing and improper payment posting. Once the lawsuit was settled, and I received all of $66.00. I also received a demand letter - notice of default letter with the new company logo on it. The letter is requesting that I pay a total of 2,780. 92 withing 30 days. I have tried for weeks to contact the company by the phone number listed on the demand letter with fail. the phone number in busy 24 hrs. a day. I have call at numerous times. And the phone is busy. I do not feel comfortable sending my hard earned money to a company that I can not get in contact with to discuss there billing request.

I will admit that I am behind by 2 payments now. But not by $2,000. And it is because I can not discuss this situation with any one

I think the co. is expiditing foreclosure because I took part in the lawsuit. This is not fair to me or my family.

I hope no other family is going through this. But some how I think there is.

Marilyn
Mobile, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2004 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Portfolio-Servicing/Jacksonville-Florida-32255-1170/Select-Portfolio-Servicing-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-foreclousre-Jacksonville-Florida-104161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Portfolio Servicing

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Foreclosure Timelines

AUTHOR: Kristin - (U.S.A.)

When a person falls behind on their payments all mortgage companies have a company policy and/or servicing policy that by law they have to follow. The Foreclosure Time line is different in every state and all steps have to be followed or the Foreclosure will be invalid. ALl of the states start by sending demand letters( read through the mortgage you signed where it states Default.)

Just because you don't trust a company doesn't mean that you don't make a mortgage payment. How do they know what you feel, have you written a letter asking them to contact you? They cannot expidite a Foreclosure because you were part of a lawsuit against them. Every step has to be followed when a Foreclosure is happening. Most states it is 180 days. There are many other options that Mortgage Companies offer to help borrowers get caught up. No Lender wants to take a property back and lose out on the interest they would make.