Knife

• Reported By: LadyL42 — Florida United States of America
Select Portfolio Servicing
P.O. Box 65250 Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

Select Portfolio Servicing SPS Loan Mod Fraud Salt Lake City, Utah

Our original mortgage was with First Franklin Financial and they sold our loan to Select Portfolio Servicing.  My husband had a decrease in pay so I called them to let them know that I was going to miss a payment and asked if they could possibly put that payment on the back end on of the loan to help us out a little.  I was told "NO" they were a servicing company and they could not do that.  They suggested the make home affordable program to us.  We applied for the program which after 4 months they finally told us that we did not qualify.

Well by this time our credit is ruined and we cannot get anyone else to give us a modification. Next they suggested their "In House" modification which takes our payments from 2300 to 3100.00.  Now common sense tells you if we could not make a 2300 payment, how in the world will we be able to make a 3100.00 payment when my husbands' weekly pay is steadily fluctuating.  Supposedly this is our only option to save our home.

They did gratiously offer to allow us to do a short sell and would give us 3000 in moving expenses.  They also offered to allow us to do a deed in lieu giving the house back to them.  I thought these companies were supposed to be in the business of helping the homeower stay in their home. They are doing everything they can to run us out of this home.  Something needs to be done about this company.  To my understanding there are thousands of other people they have done this to and yet they are still in business.  Can anyone do anything about this.  We need help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2011 06:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Portfolio-Servicing/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84165-0250/Select-Portfolio-Servicing-SPS-Loan-Mod-Fraud-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-791341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Portfolio Servicing