Complaint Review: Select Portfolio Servicing

• Updated: Wed, December 11, 2013

• Reported By: Ann C — SAN FRANCISCO California
Select Portfolio Servicing
Select Portfolio Servicing P.O. Box 65250 Salt Lak Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Select Portfolio Servicing Home Affordable Modification is a SCAM by SPS Salt Lake City Utah

This is the 2nd time I've tried to do the Home Affordable Program under so called: Obama Help!

The process has been dragging on since April 2013 and SPS will come up with any kind of excuses in asking for additional documents and at the same time all they really wanted me to is to: When are you going to make a payment??

I've bee faxing bank statements, pay certs, P/Ls, letters from employment including my GradeGrandMother's maiden name (just kidding) over and over (not talking about the money I had to shell out to have them faxed) ...and yet,they will always "promise" me that "this is will be the last time or the last document that we will be needing".   And you will always have to explain to them what are the updates as it seems all their people are trained to be acting "stupid" so it will turn you off!!!!!

In October 2013, they have asked me to provide the profit and loss statements with a licesned professional's certification which I went spent more money to pay a licensed professional to do the statements and faxed them.  Then two weeks later, they told me that they will need the statement for October 2013, therefore, I went spent another $150 to have the October statement done.

And SPS informed me that's all they will be needed (that was in the 3rd week of November).  Two weeks later, they called that they will need me to explain the reason what type of insurance I was claiming on the expenses and it will need to be faxed ASAP.  And at the same time all the fax machines went into a DEAD (unworking) number on 12-11-2013!!!!!!

This is a complete scam!!!!  All they wanted from anyone is:"Make a Payment" otherwise it will be referred to an attorney"!!!!!

Perhaps by next week, they will be asking me to post a pole dancing video on YouTube so they can verify my identity.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2013 10:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Portfolio-Servicing/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84165/Select-Portfolio-Servicing-Home-Affordable-Modification-is-a-SCAM-by-SPS-Salt-Lake-City-U-1106311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Portfolio Servicing