Complaint Review: Select Portfolio Servicing

• Updated: Mon, February 17, 2014

• Reported By: Anonymous — Bloomington Illinois
Select Portfolio Servicing
PO Box 65250 Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Select Portfolio Servicing Home Modification is a Joke with this company Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Comment: I am in the same situation...

The problem the consumer has today with getting assistance for Home Modifications is a joke especially with Select Portfolio Servicing (SPS). In 2007 my wife went to a mortgage broker to purchase our dream house which has become a nightmare. He changed our loan from a 80% FHA loan iwht a second to cover the 20% into a fixed rate loan of 8.75% with a trust owned by Credit Suisse. We diligently made our $4,500 month payment until 2009 when her company being self employed lost contracts so our income had large loss of income. We hire a firm in New York called American Modificatin or Ameri Mod which was a fraud company took our $5,000 and closed its doors. We have no choice but to continue the modification on our own however to save our home we agreed to the terms not lowering our interest rate but  taking the loan out 32 years with a large balloon payment??? My wife agreed but as time went on we received another letter from a company call Home Law Group guaranteeing that they could reduce our interest rate of 8.75% this agin took time first HAMP application denied they had to redo the application and wait 30 days to reapply. What was told by SPS is that our income supported the payments so we did not meet the HAMP Test of 31% so Home Law Group took my retirement and SSN out of the equation and reapply during the process we were summons to court and went into mediation. AGAIN LOST money sicne we paid Home Law $6,000 which they guaranteed refund if no modification!!! What SUCKERS we are!!! So we go into a Mediation Hearing with Attorney which was free through the University. The MEDATION WAS A BIG JOKE SINCE THE ATTORNEY FOR US  BANK NATIONAL ASSOCIATION TRUSTEE FOR THIS CERTIFICATE OWNED BY CREDIT SUISSE DIDN'T EVEN GIVE US AN OFFER JUST ENDED MEDIATION STATING THAT SOME TYPE OF POOLING AGREEMENT THEY HAD WITH SPS AND CREDIT SUISSE DID NOT ALLOW THE SERVICER TO LOWER THE 8.75% INTERST RATE????

MY QUESTION TO ANY BODY HAVE YOU HAD SPS SERVICE YOUR LOAN AND GET A LOWER INTEREST RATE WITH US NATIONAL BANK TRUSTEE FOR CREDIT SUISSE.

ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANK YOU!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2014 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Portfolio-Servicing/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84165/Select-Portfolio-Servicing-Home-Modification-is-a-Joke-with-this-company-Salt-Lake-City-U-1124229. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Portfolio Servicing

I am in the same situation...

AUTHOR: Victim in austin, tx - ()

I noticed in my Chapter 13 payment from the trustee to the mortgage Co the payee name is US Bank (not SPS, Chase or EMC)  I beleive that is why no gov't org or any of the 3 companies above will do a mod.  So why don't they just tell us that?  3 yr mod with EMC = illegal forclosure by CHASE (i was FORCED into Chapter 13) 9 mo mod with Chase - i was sold to SPS now a 7 month mod with them.  none of them go through just a bunch of fake lies about my paperwork being lost or that I go not qualify.  So how do we go after the business that scammed us? US Bank is the trustee for this person's assests that you and I are named as.  That is what I believe.  But it took me years to figure this out.  There should be a way to take  action against all three of them for walking me throught the MOD without any inclination to grant it.  That has to be illegal.  I want to know who this Credit Suisse CEO is.  I bet he has all his assets intact.  We need to find him and file a class action on him.

This is what I found so far: livinglies.worldpress.com-introuble-rightnow-press-here/

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC