Complaint Review: Select Portfolio Servicing

• Updated: Sun, February 09, 2014

• Reported By: M.Beltrami 36 Commerce St — 10014 New York
Select Portfolio Servicing
3815 W, Select State/Province USA

Select Portfolio Servicing BROUGHT TWO FORECLOSURE ACTIONS AGAINST ME WITHOUT LEGAL STANDING UTAH UTAH

*Consumer Comment: Question about forensic auditor

In 2007 I took a mortgage thru Thornburg Mortgage Co. The mortgage was in the amount of $3,000,000 I paid for about 6 months but then could no longer pay.

About 9 months after that they brought a foreclosure action in Thornburg name. In the interim period Thornburg had gone bankrupt in Baltimore Maryland. Although costing me thousands of dollars to defend that action my attorney was able to get the litigation dismissed against me for unproper service by the attorney's representing Thornburg

. In 2012 they again brought another foreclosure action against me, still under the Thornburg name even though they had been fully liquidated. The attorneys dragged their feet and finally my attorney brought a motion to have the case dismissed. At the same time Locke,Lord the attorney's representing the plaintiff, who i still dont know is in actuality, brought a motion to have the case discontinued in order to do some paper work. That was in December/January period of late last year or early this year.

I have asked them for a complete breakdown of the excess fees over and above the mortgage they say i owe but they will not give me either a full accounting or a back up of the expenses.

In the interim i hired a very reputable forensic auditor for the mortgage paper work trail. They found two things one that the mortgage and the note somewhere along the line had been separated, and secondly that they could find NO paper work on file with the Commissioner of Deeds of New York County of who actually owned the mortgage.

I have sent letters to Select inviting them to bring another foreclosure action against them so i could then counter sue for damages. Seven months later they have done nothing.

This has ruined my credit rating, bankrupted me with the double legal fees and I am unable to sell the house since no one knows who could give me a satisfacrtion of mortgage and a new buyer getting title insurance would be very difficult.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 05:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Portfolio-Servicing/W-Select-StateProvince/Select-Portfolio-Servicing-BROUGHT-TWO-FORECLOSURE-ACTIONS-AGAINST-ME-WITHOUT-LEGAL-STAND-1063758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Portfolio Servicing

Question about forensic auditor

AUTHOR: drdon - ()

I too have Select Potfolio Servicing Inc as my loan servicer. I would like to ask who you used as your forensic auditor. Thank you.