Complaint Review: SelectBlinds.com

• Updated: Tue, July 02, 2013

• Reported By: HelpingHand — Indiana
Internet USA

SelectBlinds.com Dont Trust. The 90-day guarantee is a sham Internet Arizona

I ordered some blinds from their website.  After about a month goes by, I started to forget if I had actually purchased the blinds or not (seriously), but then they arrived.  A little long to deliver, but no problem.  I started installing the blinds, drilling holes in my walls and attaching brackets.  I noticed the instructions stated I should have two center support brackets...well, only one in the box.  I checked the other parts and realized I was also missing the headrail connectors.

So I called up customer service.  They agreed to send me out the parts I was missing.  They said it would take 3-5 days to ship, and then 3-5 days to deliver.  So about one and a half to two weeks.  I asked politely to have them deliver by Wed. of the following week.  It was Friday at the time.  They agreed, and the parts arrived only a day late.  This is where the fun starts.

They sent me the wrong center support bracket.  It was way bigger than the other and would not fit my blinds.  So I called and told them this.  They agreed to overnight me the correct ones.  To my amazement, they actually arrived overnight.  However, they were again the WRONG ones.  I called them up again, this time giving them specific measurements and details about the correct brackets.  They said they would get me the correct ones shipped out.  It has now been a week and a half since then.

I called again and asked for tracking information.  She could not find it.  So I finally asked just to return the blinds as I was through waiting on them.  I referenced the 90-day return guarantee.  She told me that I could only qualify for that if I had samples shipped to me before I ordered.  This made absolutely no sense, because I had no issue with the color or appearance of the item.  I received blinds that I cannot install, and they refuse to take them back now. I asked to speak to a manager.  She put me on hold for ten minutes, then came back and told me her manager was busy for the rest of the day, but she would get me a tracking number and email it to me.

Next day, Still no tracking number.  I called and immediately requested to return my items.  He says "hold on, hold on..we have some new notes here for your order."  He gives me a tracking number.  I look it up and it says the parts were shipped out yesterday (ridiculous), and they were shipped via USPS for 5-10 day delivery.  This is just laughable at this point.  But now I wait some more.  I've now been waiting for a month and half, and I get to wait for another week just for the parts to arrive.

To me, this is indicative of a shoddy business.  They do not care about their customers.  I will absolutely never buy from them again and I hope I can sway others not to as well.  Please find somewhere else to buy from.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SelectBlindscom/internet/SelectBlindscom-Dont-Trust-The-90-day-guarantee-is-a-sham-Internet-Arizona-1063929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SelectBlinds.com