Complaint Review: SelectHomeWarranty

• Submitted: Tue, July 29, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, July 29, 2014

• Reported By: Sohail — vernon hills Illinois
Nationwide USA

SelectHomeWarranty https://www.selecthomewarranty.com/plans?gclid=CN_y_rn06r8CFQSSaQodciMAfA Stay away from SelecyHomeWarranty . They are total Ripoff. New Jersey Nationwide

I bought  SelectHomeWarranty policy # SHW-125857 on October 17, 2013 and  filed my first claim to have a Dishwasher door fixed on July 8, 2014.

At the time of filing the claim I been told that a contractor / mechanic will contact us with the 48 hours but we did not heard back from anyone for next 8 days. With in those 8 day I contacted the Warranty company at least 3 times but each time some one said the same thing that a mechanic will contact us soon.

After 10 days of filing the claim a Mechanic called us and scheduled time to come over and look at the Dishwasher on Friday July 25, 2014.

Mechanic came over looked at the Dishwasher and said that it needs a small spring replaced but he needs to contact the SelectHomeWarranty to get the authorization, no work was done but he charged us $45 our deductible and left.

Yesterday evening (July 28, 2014) I got a call from SelectHomeWarranty, and representative told us that the replacement of door spring is not covered but even then they will do me a favor and will reimburse me a small amount of the repairs.

Please note that contract I signed had no indications about exceptions also I have already spent $45 and now I am being told that my claim is not covered and I will have to spend more money to get that thing fixed.

Last year I paid $400 for this policy, this was my first claim for a minor repair, I have already paid $45 (my deductable) and now I will be paying more to have those repairs done. This is rip off and should be stopped.

We deserve the services without any additional charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2014 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SelectHomeWarranty/nationwide/SelectHomeWarranty-httpswwwselecthomewarrantycomplansgclidCNyrn06r8CFQSSaQodciM-1165778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SelectHomeWarranty